For those in DC

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Tue Feb 3 17:45:08 CET 2004

Dear Friends of CRUCIBLE OF WAR,
It is hard to believe that this coming week marks the tenth
anniversary of the market shelling in Sarajevo which made the war in
Bosnia hit home for many Americans.  The month after marks the fifth
anniversary of the NATO bombardment of Serbia in response to the
humanitarian nightmare of Kosovo.  As our attention has moved on to
other hotspots in the world, there are lessons to be learned from the
experience of the Balkans, as much on a personal level as on policy.
With this in mind, we would like to invite our friends and colleagues
in Washington DC to join us for a sneak preview screening of our
documentary, CRUCIBLE OF WAR, which looks at how ordinary people
attempt to rebuild their lives after war.

What?
Screening and discussion with director Leon Gerskovic and producer
Erica Ginsberg

When?
Wednesday, February 11, 2004  (12:00-1:30 p.m.)

Where?
Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars (Ronald Reagan
Building and International Trade Center, One Woodrow Wilson Plaza,
6th
Floor, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW  Washington DC.  Closest Metro:
Federal Triangle.  Map and Directions:
http://wwics.si.edu/index.cfm?fuseaction=about.directions)

How to Get In?
RSVP is not required, but you will need a photo ID to enter the
building.  The screening is free.

OTHER UPCOMING SCREENINGS AND EVENTS

March 25
A special screening and discussion with students and faculty at
George
Washington University's Elliott School of International Affairs in
Washington DC.

Mid-April
A special screening and discussion with scholars at the annual
convention of the Association for the Study of Nationalities to be
held at Columbia University in New York.

NEWS OF INTEREST

Congratulations to Pontanima, the inter-religious Bosnian choir
featured in our documentary.  They will be coming to Washington DC in
mid-March to accept an award from Search for Common Ground.  Stay
tuned for more news on public performances.

Erica Ginsberg and Leon Gerskovic traveled to Amsterdam in November
2003 to support the film as part of the catalogue of Docs for Sale,
an
international documentary market.  Great contacts.  Great films.
Great fun.

We are continuing to fundraise for educational outreach.  In addition
to grants, we also accept individual donations.  Tax-deductible
donations can be made by check or credit card.

Thanks to all of you who have stood by us from the beginning.  We
look
forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,

Leon Gerskovic, Director
Erica Ginsberg, Producer
Crucible of War project

More info: http://www.crucibleofwar.com

On the other hand, if you know someone else who might like to receive
periodic updates on CRUCIBLE OF WAR, please feel free to forward this
message on and ask him/her to get in touch with us at
info at crucibleofwar.com to be added to the mailing list directly.

Ivo Skoric
19 Baxter Street
Rutland VT 05701