___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 210___

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Dec 31 02:33:17 CET 2004

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____12_31_2004_Fri_vol.210_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

         REALTOKYO is closed for a week from today.
      We'll be back on January 6, hope to see you then.
   Have a good start into a happy, peaceful new year 2005!

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary
Maeda Keizo (producer, Conversation) Vol. 011

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Goto Shigeo ("Tokyo Gathering") Vol. 014

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Aoyama Book Center: Foreign Books Big Bargain Sale 2005
by Taguchi Hiroyuki

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 21 events
including 5 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary

Maeda Keizo (producer, Conversation) Vol. 011

October 27
My 40th birthday. I spend the day working at an event hosted
by Hermes at Ebisu Garden Hall, and later I throw a party at
Tsunamachi Mitsui Club. It's a pre-War Western style building
with a large garden, and while standing there and staring at
the moon I suddenly remember wistfully my last birthday, which
I spent in Bangkok. Forty is not really an age where people a
supposed to have birthday parties, but friends like M.T., M.K.,
and S.Y. stay until the morning and make this birthday a
wonderful one.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/shikakenin/maeda-011.htm

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Goto Shigeo ("Tokyo Gathering") Vol. 014

December 17
I'm having botan nabe (wild boar meat) with jazz musician
Kikuchi Naruyoshi in Kyoto, and from there I head straight to
Shanghai to enjoy the famous Shanghai Crab meat. Next on the
plan is kamosuki (duck sukiyaki) in Nagahama...
Fall is definitely the season of tasty dishes, and I feel like
sitting in a hot spa enriched with all kinds of nutritious
essences. I've been neglecting my cold for a while and moved
around like mad, due to which I'm exhausted and flying low
these days. Nevertheless my agenda is crammed with things to do,
and interestingly most of them are "judgement" jobs.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0055-henshucho.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Aoyama Book Center: Foreign Books Big Bargain Sale 2005

It was a year of calamities in Japan, and Aoyama Book Center
makes no exception there. But as we all know now, everybody loves
ABC, and thanks to the firm support and efforts of all parties
involved, the shop has resumed business and is now operating as
usual. Eager to make 2005 a better round, ABC's head store
presents with the grand bargain sale of foreign books in January
its first highlight for the new year. Offered are all kinds of
foreign publications, including also a selection of rare photo
books. On January 9, Moriyama Daido and Hosoe Eikoh appear in a
talk show. After finishing your pray at Meiji Shrine, I recommend
you to head straight for the ABC!
--Taguchi Hiroyuki

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?0,512

Next week (year) on RT:

- Out of Tokyo

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2004 REALTOKYO