Angles on deteriorating situation in Serbia/Kosovo

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Thu Apr 8 03:31:15 CEST 2004

> Hello everyone. I think for the beginning you can
send letters to faxes the Serbian embassies and
consulates in your countries, and also you can send it
to some faxes here:  President of Republic Serbia Dr.
Vojislav Kostunica fax:+381 11 3617-609
> [...]
>

> The citizens of Serbia are once again humiliated.
> Yesterday, the
> National Parliament of Serbia decided that it is
> obligatory to pay the
> defense expenses of the accused war criminals now
> before the Hague
> Tribunal, as well as the telephone bills and travel
> expenses of their
> families.
>
> Workers, officers, professors and doctors, who,
> thanks to the
> destructive political regime of Slobodan Milosevic
> survived a decade of
> inflation and scarcity, now have to pay the
> telephone bills of Mirjana
> Markovic. Mothers of dead soldiers, those who died
> in some of the wars
> instigated by Milosevic, Seselj, and other false
> patriots, now have to
> pay the travel expenses of Marko Milosevic, the
> famous hero from
> Pozarevac who proved his bravery by beating the
> town's citizens.
>
> In this humiliation, there is something more tragic:
> it became clear
> that the improvised parliamentary majority based
> yesterday's humiliation
> of Serbia on the non-acknowledgement and
> relativization of crimes
> committed by Milosevic and his collaborators during
> the decade of his
> government's rule. The victims of crime, however,
> were not only citizens
> of Serbia, but-in higher measure-also citizens of
> neighboring countries,
> who personally experienced Milosevic's version of
> Serbian heroism.
>
> The time has arrived to remember one tragic date: On
> April 6th of this
> year, it will be twelve years since the beginning of
> the aggression
> against Bosnia and Herzegovina, marked by tragic
> crimes which were
> committed by every side (but in highest measure by
> the one claiming to
> be fighting for Serbian interests). One of those
> most responsible for
> the war in BiH, Slobodan Milosevic, experienced this
> satisfaction: the
> civilians of the country which his war adventures
> shamed, disgraced, and
> contaminated, in the future will have to pay dues to
> his family. His
> collaborators and followers who were involved in
> horrible crimes

> definitely promote themselves as war heroes.
>
> Democratic and civil Serbia is shamed, and sends
> this notice to
> lawmakers: there is no such history that will set
> right your shameful
> act of March 30th, 2004. We will still strive for
> the timely extradition
> of every accused war criminal. And we will still be
> in opposition to the
> non-acknowledgement and relativization of crimes.
>

> Belgrade, 3/31/2004.
>
> Women in Black, Belgrade
>
> Thank you for your attention to this matter.

=====

PETITION FOR THE SAFEGUARD OF SERBIAN CULTURAL HERITAGE

 <http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?SNN> View Current
Signatures   -   Sign the
<http://www.petitiononline.com/SNN/petition-sign.html> Petition

To:  UNITED NATIONS

PETITION FOR THE SAFEGUARD OF SERBIAN CULTURAL HERITAGE

We, the undersigned, plead for an immediate end to the Albanian
Kosovo
"Liberation" Army's annihilation of Serbian cultural heritage in the
form
of destruction of medieval monasteries and churches. We further urge
the
NATO and Albanian leaders, Mr.Robertson and Mr.Rugova, to explore
possibilities to safeguard this irreplaceable cultural heritage from
further and senseless destruction.

The updated list of signatures will be sent to the United Nations
Educational, Scientific and Cultural organization at e-mail: "
unesco.press at unesco.org"

Sincerely,

 <http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?SNN> The
Undersigned