A New Project by August Highland

August Highland hmfah3 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 10:22:37 CEST 2003

***********************

A New Project by August Highland

***********************

Go Ego Go
www.go-ego-go.com

***********************
A Total of 9,000 volumes
15 Series with 600 volumes in each series
Each volume 700-1,000 pages in length
Price For Each Volume $450
(Price Increase From $360 Effective September 15, 2003)

***********************

(From The Introduction)

Our work is called "Next-Gen Nanopoetics. We substitute rhyme and meter
with truncated textstrings (abbreviated phrases), which we reiterate in
conformity to a series of different patterns. For example, in the
"MITHUNA" series, Shelly Rath uses an "AABCCDBBA" pattern:

where my dear
where my dear
Pranayam as by
thought Monks.
thought Monks.
Kulun hard eyes
Pranayam as by
Pranayam as by
where my dear

Our work is medicine, producing an incantatory phraseology or rhythm and
calling forth a rich emotional response in the reader that is complex
with memories that are both individual and universal to humankind. The
reiterated phrases resonate with spirit life and bring restorative
balance to our souls by invoking the presence of our biological and
cultural ancestors.

There are 15 series in our project. Each series contains 600 literary
objects. Each literary object is roughly 600-100 pages in length. The
price of each volume is $450.

Next-Gen Nanopoetics represents a giant leap forward in the ongoing
advancement of the western literary tradition to which all of August
Highland's ouevre is devoted. As August Highland says, "If I am not
following in the footsteps of tradition and giving new direction to many
generations for centuries, then I might as well be flipping burgers."

august highland

muse apprentice guild
--"expanding the canon into the 21st century"
www.muse-apprentice-guild.com

culture animal
--"following in the footsteps of tradition"
www.cultureanimal.com

---