50th Anniversary: Call for Entries to the Competitions

Sabine Niewalda niewalda at kurzfilmtage.de
Mon Oct 13 15:39:51 CEST 2003

On our own behalf:
We have updated our mailing software and hope that you will have no
problems receiving or reading our new mail. If you have any questions,
problems or remarks, we would appreciate it if you could send them to
niewalda at kurzfilmtage.de.
Sabine Niewalda, Press Office

For immediate release:

Calling for Entries to our 50th Anniversary Festival
The 50th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen (April 29th to May
4th, 2004) calls for submissions to its competitions

“Oberhausen still does more for the cause of short film than most other
German or even international film festivals”
Jochen Kuhn, filmmaker, Germany

In 2004, the Oberhausen Festival will celebrate its 50th Anniversary,
including, of course, an extended trip down 50 years of short film history
and many other specials (more below). However, the presence and future of
the short format are also in demand in the four competitions. Oberhausen
invites filmmakers from all over the world to submit their latest films or
videos. A total of around 140 works will be selected for the International,
the German and the Children’s and Youth Film Competitions, competing for
awards worth a total of 32,500 euros.

Deadline for submissions:       January 15th, 2004
Accepted formats:               film: super 8, 16 and 35 mm
                         video: DV, DVCAM, S-VHS, Beta-SP/PAL
Genres:                 all
Length:                 international submissions max. 35 min
Production date:                after January 1st, 2002, for international
productions
Wettbewerbe:            International, German, International Children’s and
                         Youth Films (age groups 5  16)
Entry forms:            available at www.kurzfilmtage.de as pdf downloads
                         in the
<http://www.kurzfilmtage.de/ikf/pages/festival/index.php?id=500&lang_id=2>Festival/Entry
Form section
                         or upon request at the Festival office
                         (info at kurzfilmtage.de)

Half a Century of Short Films at Oberhausen

plakat2.jpg

Key visual of the 50th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen,
designed by BOROS, Wuppertal
A print-quality version of this is available as a jpg-download at
http://www.kurzfilmtage.de/ikf/pages/festival/index.php?id=159&lang_id=2.

“But it was far from boring.”
Festival résumé in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung of May 11th, 2002

Our anniversary offers festival guests the opportunity to enjoy again, or
for the first time, the most fascinating short films from 50 years of
Festival history, including works by Roman Polanski, Martin Scorsese, Agnès
Varda, Chantal Akermann and many others. It is an opportunity to discover a
somewhat different festival and its somewhat different history of protest,
of dissidence, its love affair with small and often overlooked corners of
filmmaking. Half a century of short films at Oberhausen will also bring a
big anniversary party with well-known and as-yet-unknown filmmakers, with
VIPs and friends of the Festival, as well as a ”walk-through short film
retrospective” in the city of Oberhausen, and many other special events.

Oberhausen, October 13th, 2003

Press contact: Sabine Niewalda
Tel +49 208 825-3073, Fax 825-5413, niewalda at kurzfilmtage.de

Pressebüro | Press Office

50. Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen, 29. April - 4. Mai 2004
50th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen, April 29th - May 4th, 2004

Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen
Grillostr. 34 | 46045 Oberhausen | Germany
Tel +49 (0)208 825-3073 | Fax 825-5413
www.kurzfilmtage.de