On Arnold

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Mon Oct 13 15:04:28 CEST 2003

Well, the basis of US political life is spin-doctoring, and at the
root of spin-doctoring is a logical fallacy: changing of an argument.
If it is obvious that you want A, and everybody else wants B, you say
publicly that you really want B, and that you will fight those
unspecified multitudes of undisclosed evil-doers who all want A. Then
you calmly proceed to do what you want [A]. There was one
"schlock'n'roll" cartoon in Voice a couple of months ago titled
"Protect the Trees Act" explaining how the US government works - if
the big money wants to cut all the trees in the US, the government
will pass 'protect the trees act' and in order to protect the trees
from forest fires and similar misfortunes, they'll cut them all and
stack them up in warehouses.
ivo

On 11 Oct 2003 at 19:10, schmid wrote:

>> But to call hitler a bad guy, to call anybody with middle european
> origin a nazi seems not to damage political influence in the US -
> should I give you names?

> Particularly in the Bush administrations. Germans, and French, they
> are all Nazis, for example. I think you can get away calling them
> that now in the US. Sad, what can I say?

Funny that the "old" europe is equal to nazi-europe - we have to
change the web-slogan to:

how you need it so you call it - better idea?

manfred

questions and queries may be sent to
ZAMIR-CHAT-LIST-REQUEST at LISTSERV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU

Our web interface is at
http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/archives/zamir-chat-list.html