[syndicate] Re: Re: Direct Action <<>> Forgiving Arnold & Voting forthe Familiar + Brainwashing

fmadre at free.fr fmadre at free.fr
Mon Oct 13 15:07:08 CEST 2003

> > >than in Garment District and other small to
> > >medium sized businesses in the US? I think only in Zola's times the
> workers
> > >were exploited and abused more than in contemporary American capitalism.

I'd say that it's worse now, only that the ugliest exploitation is happening
outside europe and the us

> > >No wonder mass brainwashing is so successful. That partly explains why 50
> > >percent of Americans still believe that Bush regime is conducting an
> > >excellent foreign policy.

or is it not the reverse ?
I believe that the whole history of the USA leads to Bush (and beyond), as the
whole history of France leads to having Chirac right now (and someone else
later). I don't mean that it is in anyway predictable, but only logical a
posteriori

I was thinking of this recently as we were having a family discussion over our
respective responsibilities in the invasion of irak. yes, we have such
discussions, it is interesting to note that they have been happening much more
frequently since we got rid of our TV. before that we talked more often of how
stupid and manipulative tv is, between 2 bouts of watching it, our default
activity.

f.