REALTOKYO MM Vol. 156

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Nov 28 03:09:03 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____11_28_2003_Fri_vol.156_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 075
Waratte iitomo,
by Ozaki Tetsuya

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Sonore Japan Tour
by Andreas

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 44 events
including 9 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 075: Waratte iitomo,
by Ozaki Tetsuya

I've just seen two versions of the "Waratte iitomo," (comma
included) video that has been in the headlines recently. Put
together by sampling and remixing scenes from the "Waratte iitomo"
(no comma) variety program that has been running on Fuji TV for
more than 20 years, the video was awarded a special prize by the
jury of the Kirin Art Award 2003. The two existing versions are
the original plus a version that was censored for the public
screening at the presentation of "Kirin Art Award" prize-winning
works, for reasons of copyright and right of portrait. The original
I saw at the SQUID - YAMAMOTO Gallery, where I also spotted a
young man who looked very much like "Waratte iitomo," creator K.K.,
but that was probably someone else.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki75.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Sonore Japan Tour

Since 2003 the originally French Sonore label is based in Tokyo,
and this is their first major showcase event. The label has been
focusing on Japanese avantgarde/experimental music, the variety
of which is well represented by Yuko Nexus6, Wono Satoru, and
Hoppy Kamiyama, who all released albums on Sonore and are now on
tour in Japan. While Hoppy usually surprises alone with his
appearance (leave alone excellent musical skills), Yuko Nexus6
uses the whole event space to pull tapes out of their cases and
play them on a walkman. For the first time in front of a Tokyo
audience will be Satanicpornocultshop, and that's another optical
highlight. All artists have in common a highly entertaining
"performance" element, so here you'll be able to experience
avantgarde music not only to listen but also to watch, feel, and
have fun.
--Andreas

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1724

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Presents

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO