REALTOKYO MM Vol. 153

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Nov 7 03:03:40 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____11_7_2003_Fri_vol.153_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 073
Visiting Sarai
by Ozaki Tetsuya

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Baba Masataka ("A" magazine) Vol. 015:
Tokyo Designers' Block - Central East

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Angelin Preljocaj: Helikopter/Le Sacre Du Printemps
by Norikoshi Takao

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 43 events
including 8 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 073: Visiting Sarai
by Ozaki Tetsuya

Although feeling myself being pulled back to Tokyo by the fact
that our new magazine "ART iT" was to appear on the next day, I
took off from Narita airport on October 16. My first destination
was the Indian capital, Delhi, followed by Thimphu, the capital
of Bhutan. I went there following an invitation by The Japan
Foundation to hold lectures at the Jawaharial Nehru University
and The Centre for Bhutan Studies among others, together with
novelist Miyauchi Katsusuke. Intellectuals in both countries are
leading very active discussions, and the attentive support from
The Japan Foundation's New Delhi Office staff made this a very
precious experience for me.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki73.htm

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Baba Masataka ("A" magazine) Vol. 015

Tokyo Designers' Block - Central East (TDB-CE)

Tokyo Designers' Block (TDB) was held again this October, and
after only four annual events, a fall in Tokyo's Aoyama district
without TDB is already unthinkable. I like the concept to "use
the whole area as a venue," and I've been participating in previous
events in one form or another. A new addition this year is the
"Tokyo Designers' Block - Central East (TDB-CE)." This one's not
held in October, but between November 7 and 16, mainly in the
Nihonbashi and Kanda areas. The title's a bit long, indeed, but I'd
like to emphasize that this is exactly what I always wanted to do
with the "R-project."

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0042-henshucho.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Angelin Preljocaj: Helikopter/Le Sacre Du Printemps

"Le Sacre Du Printemps" is a piece spiced with a rich erotic
flavour. The stage shows a green landscape that is segmentalized
into little islands, and the scene where the isolated people on
those islands are driven to dance by their inner urges is quite
impressive. "Helikopter" is a vivid dance piece featuring
Preljocaj's specialty lifts. Performed by musicians in a
helicopter, the "Helikopter Quartet" is a truly strange
soundtrack that comes with real helicopter noise. And a big
noise that is! Get bamboozled by a curious dance that is floating
and exciting at once, on top of images of a helicopter's rotors
projected onto the stage's floor.
--Norikoshi Takao

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?3,939

Next week on RT:

- RealCities: from Vladivostok

- Out of Tokyo

- Presents

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO