REALTOKYO MM Vol. 121

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Mar 21 01:25:44 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____3_21_2003_Fri_vol.121___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

So, US bombs are falling again. Nevertheless, we continue our ONWAR
campaign (http://ww.realtokyo.co.jp/english/war01.htm) linking up
websites around the world in order to create a platform to discuss
matters of war. We invite you to join this project with your Web site.
If you're interested please contact us at:
war at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:war at realtokyo.co.jp>

[This Week's Index]

(1) RealCities
  From Tehran: The last Paradise - Film Festival in Iran

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Background Records Label Night jp2

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 48 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) RealCities vol. 021

  From Tehran: The Last Paradise - Film Festival in Iran
by Sawada Mikako

In February, I attended the "Fajr International Film Festival"
in Iran. When mentioning Iranian film you might think of Abbas
Kiarostami's refined movies and illustrations of children's
innocence first. I did so, too, but only until a visit to the
country set me right there. The image we have of of Iranian
film is just the tip of the iceberg.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/cities/0021-sawada.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Background Records Label Night jp2

Andy Vaz, who is running the "Background" label that is mainly
known for the "Futuristic Experiments" series, comes to Japan
again for a couple of live sets. Although the label's oeuvre
doesn't include that much really 'futuristic' and 'experimental'
music, Background is certainly part of the spearhead of cutting-edge
house-oriented techno. Added to the catalogue of funky releases by
the likes of Akufen or Sutekh will be Andy's own live recording,
made at this last appearance in Tokyo in 2002. The CD "Live in Tokyo"
is scheduled to go on sale more or less simultaneously with this event.
Other performers this time include Rhythm Maker, who surprised with
tastefully simple electronic sounds on the "Love and Other Solutions"
he released last year under his "Antonelli Electr." moniker.
The venue is Cube326 in Shibaura!
--Andreas

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1442

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Out of Tokyo

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO