REALTOKYO MM Vol. 120

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Mar 14 03:00:34 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____3_14_2003_Fri_vol.120___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

NOW ONLINE:

              ONWAR Web Campaign
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/war01.htm

              WASP (War As Sales Promotion) Advertisement Project
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/wasp.htm

                   Please participate and/or send us your entries!

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 58: Music For Museums

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Dance Exhibition 2003

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 42 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 58: Music For Museums
by Ozaki Tetsuya

When I was waiting for the concert to begin, I suddenly heard
dim sounds coming from somewhere. There were long, low tones,
like those of ships' steam whistles, and shrill ones that sounded
as if something was bursting. This... the concert??? I got up
from my seat and hurried through a couple of rooms, past white
walls and under high ceilings. Then I spotted a musician dressed
in a white overall, blowing his saxophone while standing in the
middle of a white object that was made out of tubes.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki58.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Dance Exhibition 2003

Although this is an event to "introduce Japanese contemporary
dance," a look at the program and the festival's flyer/poster
shows that African "Company Salia Ni Seydou" is one of the event's
    highlights. While the image of 'African dance' is mostly a
traditional one, here's an occasion to witness performances by an
African contemporary ensemble. Japanese representatives include
companies ranging from pantomime unit "Mizu to Abura" to "Project
Fukurow," who include in their performances all kinds of media such
as plastic arts, video, etc. Especially at the latter, and also the
supposedly rather unspectacular contemporary dance of Aki Nagatani,
pay attention to the excellent minimal hi-tech soundtracks produced
by Yuzo Kako and Go Taneda respectively.
--Andreas

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?3,723

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- RealCities

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO