\\ meaningfl 4mat

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Mon Jun 9 00:09:39 CEST 2003

>- Syndicate is meant to circulate announcements related
>to new media art, new media culture, but we also expect
>any information from parts of Europe where media arts are
>still a marginal, emerging art form
>- the list is meant to spread media criticism.

syndicate is an organism
as such ... more later

>We keep in
>mind that specially in East Europe,

we choose our own way
and are prepared to `go crazy` when necessary or more oftenly when we simply.wish to

>where much of the
>audience resides, commercial culture, and also wild
>media capitalism gains much faster ground than media criticism
>and visual culture. It is not widely known perhaps,
>that all alternative information is very valuable in East European
>countries, for instance in Russia, where journalists get
>killed for political reasons in presently as well.
>- because syndicate is a non-mainstream, alternative channel
>of information, also reflections, reports about social or
>political situation are also welcome on the list,
>specially in these times, where the most alarming informations
>come from the United States, and not only. East Europeans are
>the people who know exactly what a totalitarian country means,

please define totalitarian.
as personal sentiments whisper occident democracy much more brutal than ost.europe regimes is.

>and they could share their experiences and sensitivity about
>total control, just as Ivo Skoric does when he crosspossts
>to syndicate his mails sent to Thomas Keenan, one of the most
>appreciated media experts involved in the Balkan war
>as well. But also ironic political comments based on the critical
>methods of the alternative culture, such as Marc Garret's texts
>are welcome.
>- syndicate is meant to circulate and spread net art, or whatever
>is left of that once avant-garde art form, that explores and experiences
>with the internet as a medium, here including also spam art, errors,
>wrong interfaces as well (these simulations of the bad quality for
>instance look so funny in East Europe where people bear the invasion
>of *real* bad quality)
>- we encourage any critical reflection about net art and new media
>art in general, here including reports about events, festivals,
>or analyses about individual artists, works or a just a phenomena
>of the net
>- since the whole history of net art till present flourished
>and  still goes on practically without serious attempts to connect
>net art to the other art forms, these kind of analyses are more
>than welcome also

dear anna - overall syndicate is not a work place [speaking as a `subscriber`

if you are bubbling with liberated life energy + desire for responsibilities - lovvvvely
financial + emotional support for creative proposals is available.
`select syndicate projects. books etc`  - listening

>- Syndicate is meant to circulate

that which is meaningful to syndicate participants +?
what tempts you.

http://membank.org/biosemiotics/alfabet/14.jpg