Sign up now in support of Cuba

Fatima Lasay digiteer at ispbonanza.com.ph
Tue Jun 3 18:51:37 CEST 2003

Dear Friends,

We are endorsing this request for signatures from Cuban Ambassador to the
Philippines Ramon Medina. This is for a statement opposing what appears to
be US plans to harass/attack/invade Cuba in the guise of anti-terrorism.

Please send this out to as many of our friends and networks as possible.
Thank you.

Teddy Casiņo
Secretary General
Bagong Alyansang Makabayan

Dear Friends:

The international solidarity with Cuba is evident throughout the world with
the worldwide response to the document: "Call to the Conscience of the
World" .

A growing number of Intellectuals and professionals, writers, artists and
public personalities, from the US, Latin American and the Caribbean, Africa
and Asia, who are warning of the danger hanging over Cuba at a time when
Washington is designing an international fascist tyranny , have made this
message theirs demanding respect for the Cuban people and their
self-determination to build a society in which justice and the most
elemental human values prevail.

CALL TO CONSCIENCE OF THE WORLD

The international order has been violated as a consequence of the invasion
against Iraq. A single power is inflicting grave damage to the norms of
understanding, debate and mediation amongst countries. This power has
invoked a series of unverified reasons in order to justify its invasion.
Unilateral action has led to massive loss of civilian life an devastation
of one of the cultural patrimonies of humanity.

We only possess our moral authority, with which we appeal to world
conscience in order to avoid a new violation of the principles, which
inform and guide the global community of nations. At this very moment, a
strong campaign of destabilization against a Latin American nation has been
unleashed. The harassment against Cuba could serve as a pretext for an
invasion. Therefore, we call upon citizens and policy makers to uphold the
universal principles of national sovereignity, respect of territorial
integrity and self-determination, essential to just and peaceful
co-existence among nations.

Mexico, April 30

The number of signatures to this document now totals 2,277. To facilitate
adherence to the document you can visit the web site www.porcuba.cult.cu (
Spanish and English) or sent an e-mail to porcuba at cubarte.cult.cu.

With eternal gratitute for your solidarity,

Ramon A. Medina
Ambassador of Cuba

Bagong Alyansang Makabayan
(BAYAN, New Patriotic Alliance)