LOD 2003 Poland, call for participation

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Thu Jul 3 14:53:29 CEST 2003

From: kulturaxe at t0.or.at

  LOD 2003

  LANDSCAPES OF DESIRE

  13th International Art Symposium
  KulturAXE

  Fortress Boyen, Gizycko, Poland
  20.7.-10.8.2003

  ATTENTION:  L A S T   C A L L
  DEADLINE for registration to LOD 2003: 11.7.2003 !

  Desire for thousand lakes. People without borders. Sun in the water. A
  fortress of 150 years. Studios in the fortress. KulturAXE with its 13th
  international art symposium LOD 2003 in Gizycko. In the Masurian region, the
  land of the thousand lakes, northeast in Poland. Feel dreams, live art.

  Artists and architects of many different nations. They bring out the best in
  you. In workshops on painting, graphics, animation film, sculpture,
  photography, publishing, public art, performance, architecture, video and
  internet. Symposium themes: mobility, migration, new nomadism. Detailed
  program on http://www.kulturaxe.net/prog-e.html

  A transnational adventure. From Poland to South Africa. Exciting, world-
  wide. Keep in at the lectures and discussions. Enjoy the open-air events and
  live acts. Meet artists, find friends. Chill out in the exotic laguna bar.
  Leisure in Gizycko with watersports from canoeing to windsurfing.

  Coming from:
  South Africa: Wayne Barker, Marc Edwards, Diana Hyslop, Karl Gietl, Kasia
  Kwiecinska, Samson Mnisi / Germany: Mike Hentz / Czech Republic: Michael
  Bielicky, Richard Fajnor / Hungary: Eva Bodnar, Attila Piller, László L.
  Révész / Slovakia: Jan Fekete / Austria: Hannes Glaser, Alois Mosbacher,
  Frenzi Rigling, Gernot Ritter, Eva Ursprung, Stuart Veech, Mascha Veech-
  Kosmatschof, Christian Zillner, Michael Zinganel / Poland: Jerzy Kucia,
  CROSS-OVER / Ukraine: Yuri Solomko

  GRANT SUBSIDIES: For art- and architecture students of all nations! Info and
  Applications at

  KulturAXE kulturaxe at t0.or.at. Form to download on  http://www.kulturaxe.net/
  kost-e.html

  SPECIAL PRESENTATION MILAN / I: A selection of works from participants from
  PL / CZ / HU / SK / SLO / I / A will be presented in Milan in Dec 2003 !

  DATES: 20.7.-10.8.2003 (1-to 3-weeks enrolment), Fortress Boyen, Gizycko,
  Poland
  (250 km north east from Warsaw) . Followed by the MEDUSA Art and Music
  Festival.

  KulturAXE:
  Stands for transnational communication and art action and was founded 1995
  in Vienna following mutual art projects started with slovakian artists right
  after the fall of the borders 1989. We focus on borders and their breaking
  down in just about all aspects. We see communication and encounters in a
  most multidimensional way with regards to nations and disciplines. With our
  projects and themes we react on the movements in this world.

  CONTACT:
  KulturAXE, Caroline Fekete-Kaiser, A-1030 Vienna, Esteplatz 7
  Tel & Fax ++43-1-713 38 08, Cell: 0676-9111 609
  Email: kulturaxe at t0.or.at
  http://www.kulturaxe.com