[syndicate] From Bush to Bonaparte

April Mo(u)rning aprildawnfalldusk at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 02:57:35 CET 2003

there is a big difference between a 18th century peasant and a 21st
century american peasant - firepower.

i believe it is important to understand alternate points of view so it
is with some interest that i note that many liberals don't address the
reason that "patriots" are so passionate about their weapons. It is
exactly for the fears expressed in your email.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=379

"What makes the liberal believe that they will continue to enjoy the
right of free speech or that their home is safe from government
invasion if they don't have the means to defend that right. Our
founders knew that any would-be tyrant must first take away the second
amendment before they could systematically take away the rest.
"

my neighbor bought his and her's m-16's for their anniversary (a
logical choice given his world view). i know of someone else, a
"collector", who has an arsenal of 50 weapons. there are 200 million
guns in america, some 10 million capable of firing automatically with
simple modifications. .50 caliber rifles (!) are in fashion now
according to news reports.

Chuck Heston - "they will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers"

these people are on the net. they are vigilant. they are ready. and
when the government comes they are ready...

no, hostile takeover is passe and improbable. someone said somewhere, i
can't find the exact quote, "the best way to enslave a people is to
make them believe they are free"

www.shotgunworld.com
http://www.calssportingarmory.com/AssaultRifles.htm