Biennials 2003, Photos Shanghai, Art and Islam

Fatima Lasay digiteer at ispbonanza.com.ph
Tue Jan 21 05:17:58 CET 2003

UNIVERSES IN UNIVERSE - Worlds of Art
Information and communication system on the arts
of Africa, the Americas and Asia/Pacific

-> Calendar of Biennials 2003 Updated
-> Photo Tour Biennale Shanghai
-> Contemporary Art and Islam
-> Further Projects 2003

------------------------------

Dear colleagues and friends,

we would like to inform you about new contents on our website, and about
some of our plans for this year:

*** Calendar of Biennials ***
Current dates and information on biennials and other regular exhibitions,
you can find under:
http://universes-in-universe.de/car/e-calendar.htm

*** Photo Tour Shanghai Biennale ***
In collaboration with the gallery Shanghai Contemporary we present a photo
tour through the Biennial, which just closed on 20 January:
http://universes-in-universe.de/car/shanghai/2002/english.htm

*** Contemporary Art and Islam ***
At the beginning of March we will start a new section dedicated to aspects
of current art in the Islamic world. In the form of a magazine we will
publish articles and information, accompanied by extensive photographic
material. This area will be realized in cooperation with the Institute of
Foreign Relations (ifa), with the support of the German Federal Foreign
Office. Preview information:
http://universes-in-universe.de/tip/2002/e-universes-islam.htm

*** Further Projects 2003 ***

- At the moment we are developing a data base, which will enable us to
re-elaborate all our art information systems on countries and regions
during the next months.
http://universes-in-universe.de/e_intart.htm

- On this basis we will also extend and update the website "CulturE-ASEF",
we are publishing in cooperation with the Asia-Europe Foundation for the
cultural exchange between Asia and Europe.
http://www.culture-asef.org/english/index.html

- This year, in our section "Caravan", there will be reports on the
biennials of Sharjah, Venice, Istanbul, Mercosur, and Havana, among
others. More biennials and other regular exhibtions which don't yet appear
on our pages will be included with summarized information.
http://universes-in-universe.de/car/english.htm

Best regards,
Pat Binder and Gerhard Haupt

Universes in Universe - Worlds of Art