[CupcakeKleidoscope] CUPCAKE KALEIDOSCOPE #15 2/24/03

cupcakekaleidoscope <chris@electrichands.com> chris at electrichands.com
Mon Feb 24 23:51:01 CET 2003

*******,?  ¸¸,?  ø¤º°`?  °º¤ø,?  ¸¸,?  ø¤º°`?  °º¤
øø,?  ¸¸,?  ø¤º°`?  °º¤ø,?  ¸¸,?  ø¤º°`?
°º¤øø******

CUPCAKE KALEIDOSCOPE #15 2/24/03

Newsletter from Cor[porat]e [Per]form[ance] Art[ists]

Publisher & Executive Editor - joseph and donna

buy ad or sponsorship -> http://www.corporatepa.com/adsponsor
call us 646 279 2309

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER CUPCAKEKALEIDOSCOPE - send email to
CupcakeKleidoscope-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

A short cupcake because of our trip in Vancouver. Hope you enjoy.
joseph & donna

*************************
SOLICITATION IN GOOD TASTE

The performance went great, and we now have firmly established
several relationships with art institutions that can bring reciprocal
performances back to New York.  We have even established resources to
help in building an art&technology center in the Bronx. Great Times!

We also had a severe RV breakdown, and due to the costs, do not have
the funds to come home!!!  So we are asking people to pitch in to
help sponsor our trip back home! For a sponsorship of $100 or more,
you will get a signed and matted photo of our journey, along with a
book of poetry by rafael and a hand-drawn postcard by joseph&donna,
plus an invitation to a sponsors-only party where we will regail you
with poetry and stories of our trip.

Please go to http://www.corporatepa.com/adsponsor/ and sponsor any
amount that will help us out.

Also, we are announcing that we are going to Burning Man this year
and have two places in the RV for the trip!  We are selling those
places as a fund raiser to the highest bidders.  Minimum $3000 per
seat. Come enjoy the dessert, the fun, the art, the freedom, the
creativity, the spontenaety, the in-crowd, the naked bicycle rides!!!
Send your bid to joseph at corporatepa.com

*************************

War: The Most Horrible Human Experience

"In only the space of two short years this reckless and arrogant
Administration has initiated policies which may reap disastrous
consequences for years."
Posted in War on Iraq on February 17, 2003.

*************************

Defending the Bill of Rights

A diverse movement to protect civil liberties is bringing together
strange bedfellows: far-right militias and lobbying groups, left and
liberal NGOs and community organizations, libertarians and the NRA.

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15227

*************************
At one with the universe

Is the brain simply a computer, and is consciousness merely the
feeling we get when we  think? Or is consciousness a primary
component of the universe, which the brain can latch on to, like a
radio...
http://www.kurzweilai.net/email/newsRedirect.html?newsID=1671&m=4905

*************************
Purdue researchers discover basis for biological clock

*************************
Purdue researchers have discovered a protein that is responsible for
setting the length of periods of activity and inactivity within
cells. If the ECTO-NOX protein is altered, an organism's body will
experience "days" of different length -- ranging from 22 to 42
hours in length in some cases....
http://www.kurzweilai.net/email/newsRedirect.html?newsID=1650&m=4905

********************
ZOMBIE

http://proximate.org/zombie.htm

********************

Advice to Microsoft regarding commodity software

The market for shrink-wrap PC software began its slow upmarket ooze
into Christensen obsolescence right around the time that Microsoft
really hit its stride. That was also the time of the Internet wave, a
phenomenon that Microsoft co-opted without ever really internalizing
into product wisdom. While those qualified to move the state of the
art forward went down in the millennial flames of the dotcom crash,
Microsoft's rigorous belief in the physics of business reality saved
both the day and the profits. But the tide had turned, and a
realization that "the net" was a far more interesting place than "the
PC" began to creep into the heads of consumers and enterprises
alike...

 http://www.synthesist.net/writing/onleavingms.html

********************

Retiring exec: Microsoft needs open-source

Microsoft must take an approach that favors and embraces the
diversity of open source software or face oblivion, David Stutz, a
departing Microsoft executive wrote in his farewell letter to the
company...

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/02/19/HNretiree_1.html

********************
Christo Announces

World famous artists Christo and Jeanne-Claude have today announced
a new project that is slated to be begin immediately.  Responding to
U.S. Homeland Defense Secretary Ridge's call for artists to rally the
cause
through anti-terrorist art, Christo has received permission to wrap
the
White House in Washington D.C., using duct tape and plastic sheeting.
Much
like the artist's 1995 project "Wrapped Reichstag" in Berlin, "Wrapped
White House" will, according to the artists' plan, seal the building
and those
inside.

Of the project the artists said, "We are very excited to use our art
making
methods in the international fight against terrorists. By wrapping the
White House we hope to help keep terrorism under wraps, so to
speak."  Unlike
"Wrapped Reichstag" which was a temporary project, "Wrapped White
House"
will be the artists' first permanent work of public art.

100,000 square meters (1,076,000 square feet) of clear high-strength
polypropylene plastic, and 15,600 meters (51,181 feet) of silver duct
tape, 13.2 cm (4 inch) wide, will be used for the wrapping of the
White House.
The work will be completed in as little as one week.  The artist's
have
contacted other artists across the U.S. who are now in-route to
Washington
D.C. in order to finish this work in record time.  Materials have
been
provided without charge by the German Government.  Recalling
the "Wrapped
Reichstag," German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder stated, "Wrapping the
symbol of
German Democracy was a defining moment for the new Germany. Wrapping
the White
House will likewise be a defining moment as democracy is restored in
America."

EVENT

Share the information with those you know in NYC.

International Women's Day
Women Walk
for Peace

Saturday, March 8th 2003, meet at 3pm
The Labyrinth for Contemplation
Battery Park, New York City
for information (212) 475-1876

Women! gather together and walk the labyrinth as a call for peace,
for future generations and the creation of a sustainable way of life.
Mothers, daughters, sisters, nieces, grandmothers, aunts.
All women from all corners of Earth, let's celebrate in our diversity,
unite in women's ways, in partnership for & with Earth.

On this day all over the world women will come together to embody and
express ways that respect all living beings. To create a world of
partnership, balance, justice and peace.

With focused intention we will walk the labyrinth to the center and
out.  And then encircle the labyrinth to hold the space for each one
of us to complete the journey being open to the spontaneous within.

We will be in the park for the duration of the event, dress
comfortably and appropriately for the day.

this event is sponsored by
Camino de Paz Labyrinths
http://www.caminodepaz.org/
creating pathways for inner peace
and links with Gather the Women
http://www.gatherthewomen.org/main.html
with thanks to the Battery Conservancy
http://www.thebattery.org
and NYC Parks & Recreation

Getting there: -
The entrance to the labyrinth is located next to the Walloon Settlers
Memorial
which is adjacent to Castle Clinton in Historic Battery Park.

If you are unable to see the map attached go to
http://thebattery.org/battmap.htm - to locate the Labyrinth before
you set off, it's on the left side of the map/park.

Subway: 4 or 5 to Bowling Green

1 or 9 to South Ferry or Rector Street.
Bike: Battery Place and West Street

PERFORMANCE

A dream of water
A collective creation of the living theatre, directed by Judith Malina
Feb 28-March 1, 8:00pm
March 2 3:00pm

800 West End Ave (@99 Street)
#5A
NY,NY

The Good Bye Performance before returning to Italy.

chezlaroe at earthlink.net