[syndicate] Re: Re: Re: Subject: Re: From:

Florian Cramer cantsin at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 7 17:32:59 CET 2003

Am Freitag, 07. Februar 2003 um 15:10:18 Uhr (+0100) schrieb clement
Thomas:

> what is your's ?

Quoting from another E-Mail of mine:

"Of course, the principles of selecting works are totally subjective and
based on nothing but personal taste. Rule of thumb is to include E-Mail
works which artistically/poetically play with the boundaries and
slippages between natural (English) language, network communication
(including both network protocol code and language conventions of
Internet communication), ASCII Art (i.e.  computer typograms), spam and
program code on the visible level of signifiers, and with the boundaries
of manual and machine creation on the underlying level of grammar."

- Strange that we get the first _aesthetic_ complaints about unstable
digest & the first requests to defend/explain what we like from _this_
list, not from Nettime readers or anyone else. (Here I don't refer to
Fred's mail who addressed another issue, and whose critique regarding
the stripped "To:" headers is undeniably right.)

-F

--
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~cantsin/homepage/
http://www.complit.fu-berlin.de/institut/lehrpersonal/cramer.html