Full text of Benn interview with Saddam

furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Tue Feb 4 21:20:03 CET 2003

Full text of Benn interview with Saddam

Former Labour Cabinet Minister Tony Benn interviewed Iraqi leader Saddam
Hussein in Baghdad. The full text of that interview which was broadcast on
the UK's Channel 4 news programme is as follows:
Benn: I come for one reason only - to see whether in a talk we can explore,
or you can help me to see, what the paths to peace may be.

My only reason, I remember the war because I lost a brother. I never want to
see another war.

There are millions of people all over the world who don't want a war, and by
agreeing to this interview, which is very historic for all of us, I hope you
will be able to help me be able to say something to the world that is
significant and positive.