[Crónica] mail 011

Cronica list at cronicaelectronica.org
Fri Aug 29 11:40:01 CEST 2003

| CRÓNICA MAIL 011                                  |
| 29.08.2003                                        |
| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org                 |

back from summer, with a long list of news!

01 - abstraction now
02 - ars electronica
03 - custom eyes
04 - artefactos (malas artes series)
05 - soon: a compressed history of everything ever recorded, vol. 1
06 - soon: product 01
07 - germany and japan and hungary

(versão portuguesa abaixo)

| ABSTRACTION NOW                                   |

ABSTRACTION NOW presents current tendencies of non-representative art under special consideration of audio-visual media and interdisciplinary approaches.
In a group of over 90 artists exhibiting, either in the space of the Künstlerhaus in Vienna, the programs at the cinema and media-lounge or the especially produced online exhibition, some of the artists related to Crónica will be present: Lia, Return and Sumugan Sivanesan.
The opening is on the 29th of August and the exhibition can be seen until the 28th of September. Online at http://www.abstraction-now.at

| ARS                                               |

During this year's Ars Electronica Festival, in Linz, Austria, Lia will be performing visuals for the Iannis Xenakis Analogique A, played by the Brucknerorchester Linz and to the Persepolis Remix of Otomo Yoshihide, performed by himself.

She will also participate in a conference with all the winners from the Net Vision / Net Excellence awards: David Crawford, Golan Levin, Carlos de Llarena, Yury Gitman, JamesTindall, Lia, Sulake Labs.

Out of these two events you can probably run into her at the ars electronica electrolobby, in the proce55ing meeting point, with Casey Reas (USA), Ben Fry (USA), Amit Pitaru (USA), Hernando Barragan (COL / I), Golan Levin (USA), Lia (A), Marius Watz (SF / D), Schoenerwissen (D), Juha Huuskonen (SF)

A full program, from 6 to 11 september, in Linz, Austria.

for an up to date list of events, please visit
http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

| CUSTOM EYES                                       |

The crónica Beat Map project will provide the 'mediascape' during the opening party of the Custom Eyes exhibition at Fabrica Features Lisbon on the 18th of September / 18.00 h.

Custom Eyes is a project commissioned by our mate Sam Baron for Fabrica Features and a part of the Experimenta Design 2003 / Beyond Consumption event.
The project comprises the custom 'look' of an eclectic group of portuguese designers towards a mass product - a basic white Benetton(TM) training suit, driven by 'fear' as main subject. What you'll see at Rua Garret Megastore, will be a set of photographs of the customized products, made by a group of Fabrica Features photographers.

Custom Eyes at Fabrica Features Lisbon
5th of September to the 5th of October
Opening party on the 18th of September / 18.00 H
Megastore United Colors of Benetton
Rua Garret, 83 - 4º Piso Lisboa

| ARTEFACTOS (MALAS ARTES SERIES)                   |

If in the north of Spain, remember to check out Longina's latest video installation, exhibited at the Sala dos Peiraos in Vigo for one month, starting on the 15th of September.

| SOON:                                             |
| A COMPRESSED HISTORY OF EVERYTHING                |
| EVER RECORDED, VOL. 1                             |

If it weren't for aesthetic concerns and a willingness to reestablish a balance towards the 'authentic', Autodigest would simply become an extreme form of digital compression, ultimately expressed in the audio equivalent of a Black Hole. As it is, Autodigest arrives in the form of an encyclopedia, an archeological sound document time-traveling out of a post-digital-meltdown landscape.

Autodigest's debut release in Crónica is coming very soon.

| SOON:                                             |
| PRODUCT 01                                        |

Product 01 will be the first in a new series of releases in Crónica. The product series aims at confrontation and fusion through releasing two artists work in a single CD. Experimental publishing one may say, or the return to the split strategy of the vinyl but this time in a digital medium.
For starting the series, we chose two authors from we're certain we'll hear a lot more in the future - and hopefully through Crónica: Vigo's Durán Vázquéz with 'Pigua Megapigua' and Australian Sumugan Sivanesan with 'Spare Your Speakers'.

Product 01 will be out very soon as Crónica 007~2003.

| GERMANY & JAPAN & HUNGARY                         |

Reaching further and further, the distribution of Crónica has been growing steadily. New allies recently joined us in Europe and Japan:

Plop in Japan: http://www.inpartmaint.com/plop/
A-Musik in Germany: http://www.a-musik.com/
NeonMusic in Hungary: http://www.neonmusic.hu

| CRÓNICA MAIL 011                                  |
| 29.08.2003                                        |
| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org                 |

01 - abstraction now
02 - ars electronica
03 - custom eyes
04 - artefactos (malas artes series)
05 - brevemente: a compressed history of everything ever recorded, vol. 1
06 - brevemente: product 01
07 - alemanha e japão e hungria

| ABSTRACTION NOW                                   |

ABSTRACTION NOW apresenta as tendências contemporâneas da arte não figurativa tendo em especial atenção os meios audiovisuais e as abordagens interdisciplinares.
Com um grupo de mais de 90 artístas, a exposição desenvolve-se entre o espaço da Künstlerhaus em Viena, Áustria, os programas no cinema e no medialounge e a exposição online. Alguns artístas ligados à Crónica estarão presentes: Lia, Return e Sumugan Sivanesan.
A exposição abre dia 29 de Agosto e poderá ser vista até 28 de Setembro de 2003.
Online em http://www.abstraction-now.at

| ARS                                               |

No decorrer do Festival Ars Electronica deste ano, em Linz na Áustria, Lia produzirá 'live visuals' para Analogique A de Iannis Xenakis que será interpretada pela Brucknerorchester de Linz e acompanhará também Otomo Yoshihide na interpretação da sua peça, Persepolis Remix.

Lia participará ainda na conferência com todos os galardoados com os prémios das categorias Net Vision e Net Excellence: David Crawford, Golan Levin, Carlos de Llarena, Yury Gitman, JamesTindall, Lia, Sulake Labs.

Para além destes dois eventos, poderá ainda encontra-la no 'meeting point' da Proce55ing(TM), no Ars Electronica Electrolobby, juntamente com Casey Reas (USA), Ben Fry (USA), Amit Pitaru (USA), Hernando Barragan (COL / I), Golan Levin (USA), Marius Watz (SF / D), Schoenerwissen (D) e Juha Huuskonen (SF).

Um programa completo, de 6 a 11 de Setembro, em Linz na Áustria.

Para uma lista de eventos actualizada, consulte por favor:
http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

| CUSTOM EYES                                       |

O projecto Beat Map estará a cargo da 'mediascape' que animará a abertura da exposição Custom Eyes, na Fabrica Features Lisboa a 18 de Setembro às 18 horas.

Custom Eyes é um projecto de Sam Baron para a Fabrica Features, integrado no calendário da Experimenta Design 2003 / Para Além do Consumo.
O projecto reúne as propostas de re-interpretação de um produto massificado, um fato de treino branco, de acordo com o 'olhar' 'aterrorizado' de um grupo de designers portugueses. As propostas foram posteriormente registadas pelos fotógrafos residentes da Fabrica Features em Treviso.

Custom Eyes na Fabrica Features Lisboa
De 5 de Setembro a 5 de Outubro
Festa de abertura a 18 de Setembro / 18.00 H
Megastore United Colors of Benetton
Rua Garret, 83 - 4º Piso Lisboa

| ARTEFACTOS (MALAS ARTES SERIES)                   |

Se viajar pela Galiza não perca a vídeo-instalação de Longina na Sala dos Peiraos em Vigo. A partir de 15 de Setembro.

| BREVEMENTE:                                       |
| A COMPRESSED HISTORY OF EVERYTHING                |
| EVER RECORDED, VOL. 1                             |

Não fosse o cuidado estético e a vontade de restabelecer um equilíbrio em relação ao 'autêntico', Autodigest tornar-se-ia simplesmente numa forma extrema de compressão digital, expressa em última instância no equivalente digital de um buraco negro. Tal como é, Autodigest chega na forma de uma enciclopédia, um documento sonoro arqueológico que viaja no tempo desde um cenário de fusão pós digital.

A estreia de Autodigest na Crónica será muito em breve.

| BREVEMENTE:                                       |
| PRODUCT 01                                        |

Product 01 será a primeira de uma nova série de edições na Crónica. A série Product aponta simultaneamente para a confrontação e para a fusão, através da edição do trabalho de dois autores no mesmo CD.
Estratégia editorial de carácter experimental, ou simplesmente o regresso dos 'splits' característicos das edições em vinilo, a série abre com a estreia auspiciosa de dois autores: o Galego Durán Vázquéz de Vigo com 'Pigua Megapigua' e o Australiano Sumugan Sivanesan com 'Spare Your Speakers'.

Product 01 Crónica 007~2003, será editado muito em breve.

| ALEMANHA & JAPÃO & HUNGRIA                        |

Chegando cada vez mais longe, a distribuição da Crónica tem crescido a um ritmo regular e fizemos recentemente novos aliados na Europa e Japão:

Plop no Japão: http://www.inpartmaint.com/plop/
A-Musik na Alemanha: http://www.a-musik.com/
NeonMusic na Hungria: http://www.neonmusic.hu

| DISCLAIMER @                                      |
| always in the end!                                |

this mail is NOT SPAM. it was either sent to you because you subscribed to receive it or, due to unexplainable phenomena your address ended up being added to this list. if it stays here, mail will be sent to you every now and then, updating news and interesting information about Crónica and www.cronicaelectronica.org

| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org                 |