No subject

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Sat Apr 5 11:51:58 CEST 2003

>I'll admit, I have realized that a lot of my problem with you is actually a
>problem with me- that I don't trust other peoples capacities, and I worry
>that someone might mistake the spewings of your nature for insight, and you
>might send people "astray." But this is not really my responsibility, and I
>don't know why I mistook it for one. I don't know why I listen to the hard
>christian radio stations talk about the war in Iraq when I know it will

bllll. obv!ouz - 4 dze zame r!zn u l!ke g!rlz

>infuriate me and distract me from driving.

0+0 should d!ztrakt 1 4rom dr!v!ng
not dze rad!o [uh! do u need 1 +?]. not dze pol!ze! [l!keu!sz]

dr!v!ng should b l!ke b!o.m9ndfukc

zlkt autoz = trul! mob!l uorldz
made juzzzzzt 4 u

From: "Eryk Salvaggio" <eryk at maine.rr.com>
To: <thingist at jankeez>, <list at jankeez>

>Emails like this are one more bullshit delivery device for my I attempts to
>"save the world"- the same impulse that makes me leap to stop a rape in
>progress

zom t!mez !t !z 2 late
+ she !z unkonsc!ouz

aprez ... h a t r e d

>"Eryk Salvaggio" <eryk at maine.rr.com>

do u hate +?

>From Freud, "Civilization and its Discontents:"

"He must be very strongly impressed by the fact that some sources of
excitation, which he will later recognize as his own bodily organs, can
provide him with sensation at any moment, whereas other sources evade him
from time to time- among them what he desires most of all, his mothers
breast- and only reappears as a result of his screaming for help."

Or as Joseph spake: "Yes, I was getting immune to photos, so I created a
setting to make them shock me."

Trivialization of mass murder and human suffering so that Joseph McElroy can
have the experience of being "shocked" out of his own apathy at the expense
of others- much in line with his "flower" piece, but now he's added a
caricature of sexuality into the mix- but no, really, it's all about making
"art" with a "message."

I wonder if you would like to show this piece to some
Iraqi/Afghan/Palestinians who are feeling personally affected by thier own
lives, and you can explain to them how no, really, you're not just trying to
get a higher jolt of electricity off of the "entertaining" "shock value" of
thier dead bodies, no really, it's art, guys, it's cool, it's cool, it's
art. Why aren't you getting a jolt of electricity out of your own death? Why
do you have to get it from pissing on a pile of dead bodies thousands of
miles away? But I have to say I really don't care to hear an answer,
unfortunately I am not really willing to "go there" with you.

I'll admit, I have realized that a lot of my problem with you is actually a
problem with me- that I don't trust other peoples capacities, and I worry
that someone might mistake the spewings of your nature for insight, and you
might send people "astray." But this is not really my responsibility, and I
don't know why I mistook it for one. I don't know why I listen to the hard
christian radio stations talk about the war in Iraq when I know it will
infuriate me and distract me from driving. I don't know why I give up on my
resolve and go on looking at your art. Its all like insisting on burning my
hands to see if the stove is hot when its obviously burning bright red. It's
not really anything philosophically gratifying, its seriously just sadism,
and my misguided desire to "save people from themselves."

Emails like this are one more bullshit delivery device for my I attempts to
"save the world"- the same impulse that makes me leap to stop a rape in
progress is what makes me write an email to "warn people" about your "art".
I am not going to do that anymore- the emails- because after these pieces I
think it stands pretty blatantly clear, and nothing I could say would prove
your retardation more than these pieces have already. It's not my job to
protect people from you- it's yours.

Works like this make me wonder why it is that I ever worried people would
mistake you for having understanding or insight, when in fact you prey on
the weak and the dead in order to get your own kicks. I totally realize what
K meant when he called you a brute murderous ape- maybe these pieces of
yours are you realizing that and surrendering to it, I don't know. I don't
know what you have to do to get out of your zombie trance of power and
aggression, but I feel like I should say that "shocking yourself" out of
"apathy" isn't going to do it. Maybe it will, I guess you would know better
than me, but its none of my buisiness.

-e.