reader's remarks

claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Sat Sep 21 20:49:16 CEST 2002

>   it is a good beginning...
>

>   i harbor the painting + show it to whoever wants to see it.

)

ssshhhhh  .... ( I start to collect parachutes )

>   the rest is taken care of subsequently;
>
>   i would be dekapitated, for instance, and i'd have no more fear of
>death; i'd be saved.
>   above the gathered crowd, you would hold my still warm head,
>   so that they could recognize themselves in it and i could again
>dominate - an exemplar.

dear,
if you do not mind, I would try to prevent this demonstration. Life
could be quite happy without it, I think.

>   that strange affection i felt for you had sense to it then.
>   i sensed [      ] that we were of the same species.
>

>   are we not all alike, constantly talking, and to no one, forever
>up against the same questions
>   although we know the answers in advance?

no, but you knew the answer in advance. ( The listener gives the
present answer without speaking. )

>   then please tell me - how have you managed never to risk your life

it is at risk all the time. I signed that contract at the age of
nine, unconsciously perhaps
                        ... all the questions were not about its sense.

>   you yourself utter the words that
>   for years have never ceased echoing through my nights

I knew this lecture

>and that i shall at last say through your mouth:
>
>           o young woman, throw yourself into the water again so that
>i may a second time
>           have the chance of saving both of us
>

>brrr ... !
>
>the water is so cold ...