RHIZOME_RAW: New Net.Art: "RGB (Dancing Pixels)"

-IID42 Kandinskij @27+ death at zaphod.terminal.org
Sun Sep 15 20:51:15 CEST 2002

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Eryk Salvaggio wrote:

> "RGB (Dancing Pixels)"
> http://www.salsabomb.com/RGB/
> New Six Rules Compliant [6RC] Net.Art
> by Eryk Salvaggio w/ Jessica Johnson,
> the first ascii movie star.

  Right. Forget about Vuk Cosic.

> The piece has an interactive composition- you can choose any combination of R, G and B that you like.

  That's not interactive--that's cheap. Here, you have three choices,
  and these choices are dull, as dictated by technology. No wait--
  are you being 'ironic'?

> The work is also in line with my use of ascii as a metaphor for
> information-mediated reality.

  Try that when you know what you're talking about.

> The image is abstracted down to it's barest recognizable features,
> although some people see it as abstract color fields barely
> comprehensible as an image [particularly on mac's] which is fine with
> me.

  Hardly 'abstracted'. And yes, surely sloppiness is 'part of the piece'.

`, .   `   `k a r e i'        ?     ' D42