Fwd: Research about performance and pain

Anna Balint abalint at merz.hu
Tue Oct 22 15:11:12 CEST 2002

if anyone can help, please do it.
greetings,
ab.

From: "spap" <spap at planet-interkom.de>
To: <abalint at merz.hu>
Subject: Research
Date: 10/22/02 2:08:31 PM

   Dear Anna Balint,
   I got your mail adress from Myriam Laplante...She did meet you in Nove
   Zamky and in Budapest.
   Maybe you saw also our performance with the accident of my partners
   finger?
   I am working on a thesis about performance art and pain and Myriam
   mentioned that you could help me maybe or even give me an interview?

   Down in thisd mail, I wrote the question I sent to some people to get
   informations...
   Maybe you want to write me back?
   Warm regards
   Helge Meyer

   Dear friends, colleagues, writers, organisers!

   My name is Helge Meyer. I am working as a performer in the Duo System HM2T
   (together with Marco Teubner) and in meetings of Black Market
   International. After I finished my diploma in cultural studies about

   performance art in general, I am starting now to write my Phd about the
   realtionship between performance art and pain.

   The reason for this mail is that I am looking for material. I would like
   to ask you, if you could help me getting in contact to people who work or

   had worked with images of pain (physically and psychic).
   So, it would be nice, to send me names, adresses or e-mail adresses from
   people who could give me some interview.
   One part of my work should be to make interviews about the concepts of
   using pain in performance ( What is pain? Who observes pain - the

   audience? the performer? How is it possible to communicate pain? How can
   we understand pain? What is the difference between using pain as a play in
   theatre f.e. or as a real experience in a performance?)
   My project will last for nearly three years and I am just starting. But it
   would be interesting for me to make interviews in the beginning and in the
   end.

   The second request is: Do you know any websites, archives, books,

   articles, newspapers, videos, tv programmes, documentaries which could be
   interesting for this research?
   It would be very kind to give me this information!

   If you allow me, I would like to contact you all again in some month to
   ask more detailed questions.

   Please feel free to send me any kind of information you have about this

   subject.

   My adress is:
   Helge Meyer
   e-mail: spap at planet-interkom.de