Extract from: Sadism – A political sport.

furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Fri Nov 8 03:27:43 CET 2002

BlankExtract from: Sadism – A political sport.
(needs immense rewriting but the spirit is there...)

Sadism can only work successfully between consenting individuals if used for
playful, intimate sexual role-play. But if it is taken out of its realm,
brought into the world (outside) and used as a psychological weapon against
a mass of individuals, a very different result occurs. It becomes a cold and
calculated act used to impose thought control over the many for the gains of
the few. The sadist’s enemy is the imagination, for it is our imaginations
that explore new ideas and potential life adventures that are independent
until mediated or officially suppressed. A good example is to look at the
function of educative institutions. They survive by collecting the top
thinkers in their culture so that they gain some kind of control over those
individuals and their ideas, thus death of the author was not just an idea
it was a necessity. The author is owned by the state unless that creative
thinker dares to go against the grain and questions the fundamental function
of that institution.
Sadism denies the victim to possess subjective reasoning, refusing a right
to dispute what is being done to them. I’m sure that many of the people who
are reading this are familiar with the saying ‘this is going to hurt me more
than it is going to hurt you’. Yeah right, of course it will! The sadist,
who can take on the disguise of the teacher, or a parent, priest and
politician, enjoys inflicting pain on, or controlling people who have no
power to question such actions. Sadism takes on many forms and is not always
obvious until one realizes that one is doing something that one actually
would not want to do because of the actions implemented by someone else.

http://www.furtherfield.org/mgarrett/mgw/docs/sadism.htm