a shower curtain for your salon

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Wed Mar 13 05:29:32 CET 2002

tse, tse, tse

>i dream of you Netochka. in my dreams you are a collabartion of
>consciousnesses. you are an emerging super-consciousness. in my dreams, i
>long to merge with you because i am lonely and ordinary. you are green. thus
>i sleep in art. i will be with you tonight.

get crafty | shower curtain with pressed leaves and petals:

Materials:

·       2 clear shower curtains
·       scissors and/or pinking shears
·       small grommets
·       hammer and grommet nail to attach grommets (or grommet tool)
·       pressed leaves and petals from your favorite plants

Steps:

Place one of the shower curtains on a flat surface. A floor or work table
is perfect.

Using scissors or pinking shears, cut one clear shower curtain into pieces
approximately about 1-inch larger on all sides than the size of the pressed
leaves and petals. Cut as many pieces as you need to cover the other shower
curtain in an interesting pattern.

Fold the edges of each piece of cut clear plastic under about 1/2" — press
with your fingers or with the edge of a ruler to make it retain shape.
These are your pockets for the front of your shower curtain.

Lay out the other shower curtain. Scatter over it the pockets you've made —
in a decorative pattern, randomly, or lined up over the surface. Leave at
least a 3"-4" edge around all four sides of the shower curtain to help keep
moisture out.

Grommet the pockets to the curtain. You should have grommets along both
sides and the bottom of the plastic pockets, leaving the top open to insert
the pressed leaves and petals easily. Use small grommets about every 1/2"
around the three sides.

Hang curtain in the shower as usual. You'll probably want to use a shower
lining since the grommets make the curtain a wee bit "porous."