Event information

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Tue Mar 26 14:47:26 CET 2002

Dear Karen Wong,

(and other new subscribers)

Welcome to Syndicate. Mails to the list should be related to media art
and media culture. There are no restrictions - and we learnt in the last year
that much more can be interpreted as 'mail related to media culture' than we
thought before. Since the origin of the list is rooted in the East and Western
European cultural and artistic relations and collaborations after the end of
the cold war, and East European societies are still recovering from their
often totalitarian nightmare, or the recent wars in the Balkans, and there is
a delay in the introduction of new media tools in these countries, we
appreciate also information about East European traditional art scene.
Syndicate is also channel to circulate alternative information about
political, social events. Besides information and discussion about media art
projects, events, new media centers, artist run spaces,  we appreciate media
theory, social criticism as well. We highly esteem not only announcements, but
evaluation of projects too, many people said that they specially like festival
reports.
We hope that there will be opportunities for off-line socializing for the list
members, and that we can produce printed list reader as well.
Syndicate has a bit unusual spam policy. All subscriber's messages
automatically go to the list, in this sense the list is unmoderated.
Non-subscribers mail are regularly allowed by the administrators. All three of
us allow most of  mails, we accept art spam and self promotion. However there
is a slight difference in the moderation style of the administrators: I reject
the commercial spam of the kind " we sell ink for printers", whilst Claudia
and Clement let them go to the list.
You may notice that there is somebody who sometimes stirs controversy on the
list, Netochka Nezvanova. She is not only accepted here, but many people are
fan of her, she is part of the art establishment...
greetings,
anna balint