[syndicate] question

Frederic Madre fmadre at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 16 15:02:14 CET 2002

At 22:40 15/03/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>hello, hello,

oui oui

>pardon, pardon

voila voila

>but
>
>has someone possibly an idea what 'Captain Silver's crunch' should mean in
>this context below ?

the "internet" says

1. The conceptual role of Cap'n Crunch. Fragments of Cap'n Crunch's
televised postures were used in the construction of model psychodramas in
which the figure of Cap'n Crunch played the role of husband, doctor,
insurance salesman, marriage counselor, etc. The failure of these roles to
express any meaning reveals the nonfunctional character of Cap'n Crunch.
Cap'n Crunch's success therefor indicates society's periodic need to escape
to the cartoon seas. Cap'n Crunch thus appears as a series of posture
concepts, basic equations which reformulate the roles of crunching and
swallowing.

2. OBJECT YOU PICK TWO CHARACTORS THAT HAVE SOMETHING SIMULAR..
.........AND THEY HAVE A BATTLE...........CHOOSE THE WINNER...ILL START

( LIST OF BATTLES...so far )
CAPTAIN KIRK vs CAPTAIN CRUNCH....
CAPTAIN KANGAROO vs CAPTAIN AMERICA
MR. SPOCK vs. MR. ROGERS
JUSTIN WILSON vs JULIA CHILDS
JACQUE COUSTEAU vs POPEYE the SAILOR MAN
SNOOPY vs LASSIE
FELIX the CAT vs the CAT IN the HAT
PRESIDENT GERALD FORD vs PRESIDENT HARRY TRUMAN
CLINT (DIRTY HARRY)EASTWOOD vs CHUCK (MOSES)HESTON
CHARLIES ANGELS FARAH FAWCETT vs OVEREXPOSED COMMERCIAL BRITNEY SPEARS
JOHNNY CARSON vs JAY LENO

3. Press Up + 1 + 2 after losing all lives.
http://www.smspower.org/db/capsilvu.shtml
A side-scrolling game where you must slice enemies with your sword to
rescue your beloved.
Even though this game says it is for Japan, all the writing is in English.

4. Captain Silver シルバー大佐 Shihabaa Taisa Captain Silver, Silver Taisa
(Silver)

5. http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/newjohn2.jpg

6. "Is that all?" I asked.
"Well, it's all that you're to hear, my son," returned Silver.
"And now I am to choose?"
"And now you are to choose, and you may lay to that," said Silver.
"Well," said I, "I am not such a fool but I know pretty well what I have to
look for.
http://www.munarchaeology.com/munarchaeology/stories/tisland/p6ch28.htm

>__________
>
>hm ? is this a thing ?

Shirubaa Taisa no Bazuuka) - ?

I would bet on this one.
http://www.ssjzion.com/armory.shtml#Captain Silver's Bazooka

>and if it's a thing ... what kind of thing is it ? ( hm *** have to
>translate this )
>or is it supposed to be funny ?

In the summer of 2000, Dragon Ball comedy sites were at the top of their
game. DBZ Cracked and 膝inga GIRI GIRI!!, both hosted at the time by the
notoriously un-funny 姫lanet Namek, spearheaded the movement. Other
integral sites at the time were 筆r. Popo's Palace, Satan City Comedy
Club, Kuririn's Hangout, and 必akarot52's Homepage. The final piece of the
puzzle was Some Random Guy's excellent 疋BZ Rewrite mock fan fiction,
which was enjoyed by a rather large audience.
All was going well until the demise of DBZ Cracked, as knurph decided to
leave the site to join Skitz as the co-webmaster of dragonball.org, which
came to an end only a few months after opening. The other Planet
Namek-hosted Dragon Ball comedy site, 膝inga GIRI GIRI!!, started to stray
from its comedy roots even further, thus alienating a fair portion of the
core fans who still craved for the unique content that Vegeta Insane!
provided.
Spring of 2001 brought forth a quick one-two punch to Dragon Ball comedy
with the shutting down of Kuririn's Hangout and Satan City Comedy Club,
which was the most popular site of its kind at the time, largely due to
mainstream exposure from 姫lanet Namek and 疋aizenshuu EX. Crippling an
already weak lineup, 百ome Random Guy left his site due to a lack of
interest, while 必akarot52's Homepage ran into server problems.
And just a short while ago, the epitome of tasteless Dragon Ball comedy,
筆r. Popo's Palace, fell victim to a shutdown, due to Mike Payne's waning
interest in taking care of the site. That was the last straw...
Even with the resurgence of 必akarot52's Homepage and the emergence of
newcomers 百avage Z, 筆adeFromGoats, and 必HOW, the Dragon Ball comedy
scene is in its weakest state ever. So, as a long time afficionado, I
figured I'd go out and do something about it...
Most people who visited my previous site, 菱agemiai, probably noticed deft
comedy touches all over the place, along with constant plugs of sites such
as Satan City Comedy Club and 筆r. Popo's Palace. Of course, the basis of
the site was entirely emulation, so I never made a real attempt at any sort
of content that could stand on its own merit. The idea of creating my own
comedy site has always been at the back of my mind, and with the recent
course of events I just detailed, I decided I should at least give it a
shot. All I have on the line is my carefully-constructed public image, the
respect of my peers, and my legacy as "that ROMs guy", so what the heck?
As you can see, I do have a lot riding on ソKAMAYAMAYA?. This won't be a
little side project of mine where I hone my mediocre HTML and image-editing
skills, but rather a completely new, original effort in the same vein of
Hagemiai. I'm excited at the prospects for this site, and it should be
interesting to see how things develop as far as other comedy sites are
concerned.
Now, is there any actual content on the site? Heh, the answer is a
resounding "no." Never fear, though, for I have a few things already in the
works. Rest assured, there will be content-filled updates to come in the
near future. For now, this is all you get, so don't even bother clicking
the links over on the left side of the page (they're just a bunch of links
to 百avage Z).
The first update will take place in one week. Be ready for it...
Mark Mager (aka PiccoMark)

f.