[syndicate] Re: get well, but is it art?

Michael Watson mikejw at cruzio.com
Wed Mar 13 01:30:17 CET 2002

At 09:25 PM 3/12/02 +0100, you wrote:

>>>to take this reasoning further you should hire a bulk email company and spam
>>>the whole world. seriously.
>
>point taken.
>this is where the discussion has ended.
>
>too bad.
>

>1) http://www.ii.uam.es/~jlara/investigacion/ecomm/otros/JASSt2.html
>2) http://www.nytimes.com/books/98/08/09/specials/mason-love.html
>3) http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/philosophy/moral/contemp/paper.html
>4)
http://www.chassmash.com/Discography/Madness_-_The_Singles/Sweetest_Girl/swe
etest_girl.htm

your web space collage was effective.

The weakest link in any chain
I always want to find it
the strongest words in each belief
Find out what's behind it

from (4)

does the dicussion end because you say it has? (1)'s software is flawed. his
agents are not programmed to reject beliefs. how would i program this
sometimes irrational act? the software is simplistic and deterministic,
necessary givien the state of the art. software simulations of human
behavior are amusing. there is inherent stupidity in software simulations of
human intelligence. "a week back i had a weak back". a software voice
interpreter will not be able to understand this unless all of these quirky
phrases are encoded in its database. "the age of spiritual machines" by ray
kurzweil is a huge joke foisted on the public as science. when the machine
does become conscious and spiritual by the end of the century, as he
predicts, will we worship it if it says "i am the second coming of jesus in
this new form that God has chosen to make conscious"

the discussion never ends, my consciousness tumbles and falls from place to
place, interacting in the global village with the other village idiots.

michael