moda iasnaia poliana

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Tue Jun 25 17:39:08 CEST 2002

Tolstoy described how Russian aristocrates hated so much Napoleon,
that they decided to stop speaking French and start learning Russian.
At the same time he discovered authentic happiness among Russian peasants,
portrayed them in an ideal way, and he even started to wear their clothes.
That suited him well, he looked handsome. However, they must have been not so comfortable,
because he noted in his diary that he was still wearing [french] silk underwear under the felt....
yet, he was a great writer.
his other ideal was the ideal marriage, he married and...

>kutuzov.z motto - patience + time.
that was the motto of Dino Buzatti's Desert of Tartars too.
Andy Warhol's movies, where people speak about everything and do nothing
are also about patience and time.

[*I read netochka, because so many other people do so too...]
ab