No subject

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Tue Jun 25 03:21:24 CEST 2002

>Zorba said that it is a crime if a man is busy with his toys
>instead of making happy a woman who is longing for him.
>don't you agree with him?

in the year 1861, tolstoy organized a school on his estate [bkz he uaznt buz! u!th .!t to!z], where
he taught the children of his unlettered serfs. at the same time
he was publishing a magazine to "educate the educated". initially
the two-fold self imposed task seemed to progress well; but gradually
the desire to teach and the necessity for hiding the fact that he
did not know what to teach brought him very near despair, from which
only the thought of marriage saved him [zm!lz]

he had tried everything but family life [mor zm!lz], and although in january 1862 he noted
in his journal: `all my teeth are coming out and i am still unmarried; it is
likely that i shall remain a bachelor for ever`, and the thought of a single life
no longer terrified him, he decided to test the last remaining promise of happiness.

spiritually exhausted, discouraged, and worn down with a cough which he was unable
to throw off, at the age of thirty-four [rekal ue ma! xyz = uorthlesz b4 3o], in the autumn
of 1862, he married a girl 16 years younger than himself.

dzere = mor +? !ez !ndeed

take 1:

in a letter to his cousin a year later tolstoy writes: `it is better to love than be loved`

take 2rue:

in a letter to his cousin a year later tolstoy writes: "never before have i felt my intellectual and
all my moral [mor mor zm!lz] faculties so unimpeded, so fit for work [gluckl!ch fre!+].
and i have work - a novel of the period 1810-1820 which has kompletely absorbed me since the beginning of autumn"

et madame la comtesse writes: "i spend my whole time copying out liova's novel. this is a great delight to me.
as i copy, i live through a whole world of ideas and impressions. nothing has such an effect upon
me as his ideas and his genius".

dzere = mor +? !ez !ndeed

truth