[syndicate] Re: Bush: His Mother-In-Law Lost More Than $8,000 in Enron

Arthur W. Green goshawk at gmxpro.net
Fri Jan 25 06:55:32 CET 2002

Hello ivo [and anyone else actually interested]...

Bush's family is part of the 1% that owns 99% of the wealth in the United
States. When you see that Bush did not merely accept contributions from
Enron, but IS Enron, it's easy to see this is all a manufactured story
adopted for public consumption.

As long as the 1% (holding 99% of the wealth) can convince the 99%
(distributing 1% of the wealth) that their misfortune in these "bad
times" are the same as the misfortune of the 99%, it keeps everyone in
check and from threatening the power of the 1%'ers. By playing the "I'm
just like all of you" game, it not only minimizes themselves as a
definite target by the middle class, but everyone is inevitably suckered
into the success stories of people rising to "fame and glory" from
"humble beginnings" and that the US is truly a "land of opportunity"
(even when everything points to the contrary) because of the lack of
distinct and inviolable classes (including a so-called "royalty"). There
is a royalty in America, one that even resembles the family structures of
royalty...and it doesn't consist of Hollywood celebrities (believe it or
not, they are still part of the 99% that share 1% of the wealth, like the
rest of the population...that should put the wealth of the 1% into scale).

I am sure it should be already aware to most of you that if 1% of the
people hold 99% of the wealth, it would not be difficult AT ALL to cause
a recession intentionally. The economy is not based on the people's
"faith" in the local currency anymore than one can use farm animal
entrails to predict the weather. Surely the "dot-com" bubble burst...but
really think about it...who's business did the "dot-com"'ers hurt more
than anyone else's? It's also no surprise that while a salary worker's
income remains largely unchanged since the 1960's (compensate for
inflation, and you will see what I mean), the income of large-company
presidents and CEO's are well over 400 times what it used to in the
1960's. A classic case, isn't it?

What does filing bankruptcy do for a corporation like Enron? It puts it
(and its resources) entirely in the hands of the government and banks for
so-called "restructuring". Wow. I didn't see that one coming! (sarcasm)

Best regards,
-- Art