Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [syndicate] [Fwd: Patriot Registration]

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Sun Jan 27 17:44:57 CET 2002

oopsala    ... some guidelines for me ...

>sg. about the textual rhetorics,
>when you argue, specially against soemone, say: what why when
>don't make vague assotiations, put it clear, frame it in context, if it is
>a discussion list
>about media art and media culture, put it in that frame, the most
>theorethical it is is, the highest is the level of
>discussion..

;) I actually think that normally Andrej and I understand us quite well ...
perhaps because of the associative jumps .. but possible that sometimes
they are too large .. ;)
as well as he is asking me then in his way, I am asking him in my way, if I
do not understand his jump. For me this is one form of communication.
Possible that other people think different.

everyone else is free to lead the theoretical discussion on high level.
And everyone could filter my mailings as well.

>When about image rhetorics, when once a position is taken: art is not to
>put it semiotically
>open, but to stress and highlight the position eg. marina griznic texts on
>the web.
>in a dispute the "I" is not so important, specially if you are a moderator.

I am not. I never wanted to be.
so again: I am not moderating. Everyone can send to the list whatever s/he
likes.
this might be discussed then ... sure ... other people's opinions as well
as mine ...

>eg. when you shoot back to agricola de cologne: 'now finally the artists
>know what to do',

well

>- and he left the list - don't make it personal, say: every discourse
>dealing with tragedy is helping
>but what is the appropiate form and place for artists to deal with it?

you could have put your opinion to save the situation. In an appropriate
form. No ?

I actually think that everyone can defend him/herself.
I put into argument an opinion, a personal opinion. Other people might have
other personal opinions.

I am not a jounalist, nor a moderator. But possible that this is expected
in administration position.
There is one good thing about this position. Still I can unsubscribe myself. ;)

regards
claudia

P.S.
........... tsssssssssss ... emotions ....
... Andrej ... ( actually I think, we have almost understood our positions,
at least it looked to me this way ;)

one jump:
sure, the site is quite good, also because it hurts.

probably the jump most difficult to understand:
hm ... at the moment I am just confronted with the need to find some very
good reasons for a friend of mine, why it is just wonderful to go back to
the US after ten years.
I guess I will have to invent some.
( It was actually quite a stupid idea to decide for Germany ten years ago.
Not very clever. )

one jump:
( aside: Ironically the tightening of the laws here also have an impact on
US citizens. Actually I can almost smile about this.) But naturally this
applies to everyone, who is not European-Union compatible.
there is actually a lot going on in all these lovely Western countries
which is basically not so far away from what they put on this WHITE HOUSE
PARODY web site. Not only in the US.

hm .. there are still jumps in it ... ;)

  *
                                   *                pardon

                           *