[syndicate] Re:Re:re:\n2

Frederic Madre fmadre at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 26 19:49:55 CET 2002

At 20:51 20/02/2002 +0100, anna balint wrote:
>I could not make a sense of your translation of chapter 164-165 [that already
>sounds already so complicated]. What is with the chief of the clan, and his
>right arm? and the mediaval chinese art martial?

uh oh, I will ry to be helpful here

>and it seems that there is a love story that maybe could put xy together ["it
>is 01 + 01 + 01 misfortune to be 01 ugly + broke + simply.inter.aktive.xy"].
>Does Doanh Link Doanh know about the whole story and the pact of Invincible
>East?

unfortunately I have not read everything
still I have found specially for you this remarkable resource
http://edu.ocac.gov.tw/taiwan/kungfu/e/mainmenu.htm
provided by the (renegade but hey) government of tai wan

which will give you lots more of edge than I actually have

also this link for the film
http://blade.hispeed.com/hk/east_is_red.html
"Great concepts, music, wall-to-wall action! Brigitte Lin! Lesbians!"
yeah...

and in case you're getting confused already:
"But, since I can't be genuine and intelligent in my critique, I will be
petty and point out another Swordsman related inaccuracy. Grossman makes
reference to Invincible Asia appearing in Swordsman. He seems to be making
the common assumption that the eunuch who escapes with the Scroll at the
end of part 1 becomes Invincible Asia in part 2. However, as my fellow
posters have helpfully pointed out, this is not the case. The Scroll
changes hands quite a few times in the year that passes between parts 1 &
2. To my knowledge, Invincible Asia'a character is not present in part 1 at
all.
I also think that Grossman dwells a little too strongly on the the "Asia"
in our Invincible villain(ess)' name. As I am not in any way fluent in
Mandarin or Cantonese I am unaware of what his/her actual name is but if it
has been translated as both Invincible East and Invincible Asia, and the
films are based on Jin Yong's books which include directionally named
characters, I trust that "Asia's" name does not have the "Western"
signifying significance that Grossman gives it."

so there!

and finally the cherry on your top
http://www.geocities.com/jyheroes/
the jin yong completist heaven