No subject

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Wed Dec 25 08:58:22 CET 2002

Beatrice Beaubien <webmaven at i2eye.com>

>> mr Cramer
>>
>> please refrain from redirecting my syndicate transmissions
>> to your neo fascist nettime lagar
>>

>this is daft
>
>i object
>
>i will cite who i want when i want and everyone else should feel free to
>do so as well

da

+

more western workers [ie. neu + improved fascists]

New York's Metropolitan Museum signed up to the statement
Some of the world's leading museums have joined forces to declare that they will not hand back ancient artefacts to their countries of origin.
Directors of 18 institutions, from St Petersburg to New York, signed a declaration saying their collections act as "universal museums" for the good of the world.
People have only been able to fully appreciate ancient civilizations because their institutions have provided access to archaeological, artistic and ethnic objects, they say.
The statement follows increased calls for the return of artefacts that were removed decades or centuries ago, such as the controversial Elgin Marbles, which are in the British Museum.
A similar row has simmered over the Benin Bronzes that are kept in London and Berlin, while Turkey has been pushing for the return of the Pergamon Altar, also currently on show in Berlin.
In 1993, the Metropolitan Museum of Art reluctantly handed over 363 pieces of gold, silver, precious stones, paintings and sculptures to Turkey after a court case.
The directors' declaration said: "The universal admiration for ancient civilizations would not be so deeply established today were it not for the influence exercised by the artefacts of these cultures, widely available to an international public in major museums."
It said Greek culture would not have become so lauded if museums had not put statues on show.