reality

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Dec 15 02:00:59 CET 2002

reality

there was the thickness of codes and protocols, tube-forms, in shallow
basin with cables strewn across the floor - i was trying to make sense of
this - almost like ruins, far too much knowledge needed - i didn't have it
- i'm too sick to use the digital recorder - i don't remember anything -
but i'm sure this is something, somewhere, that right now is functioning -
i'm awake now, i can't find it - it's not in the ceiling - not beneath the
floorboards. i can't get close to the walls.  somewhere everywhere there
are cables - the fever stops me going on about this - there were a number
of people - inside and outside the system - need to write down the empty
map - inconceivable - i spent hours on this - hallucinations - Svengali -
"they say they're real" -

there's always a war on - knock on the door at midnight - we're gone
before morning - things happen in night's uncanny portion - the cables for
sure - the journey's just begun - we'll be there - no escape -

===