REALTOKYO MM Vol. 107

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Dec 6 10:21:09 CET 2002

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____12_06_2002_Fri_vol.107___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Kato Haruyuki ("Studio Voice") vol. 004

(2) Event Pick of the Week
H20 "Remix" Exhibition

(3) Presents
Intoxicate calendars and T-shirt

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 41 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Kato Haruyuki ("Studio Voice") vol. 004

Paul SmithI'm attending the opening party of the Paul Smith
ladies' fashion shop on Kotto-Dori, where I meet Paul in his
usual, friendly mood. For our magazine Paul Smith has a particular
meaning, since his company has always been supporting us, on the
editorial side as well as through advertisements. As a fashion
brand they're probably in a previously unexperienced, difficult
situation at the moment. With giant conglomerates buying out small
brands, especially on the business side it's extremely difficult
nowadays to maintain a certain independent spirit. There are in
fact a lot of talented fashion people coming out of England, but
how many of them have managed to set up their own 'maison' and be
successful with their brands? Not only is Paul Smith a brilliant
creator, but he has in fact managed to establish a business that
continues to be independent. If you ask me to name designers of
this rank, there's only one I can think of.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0020-henshucho.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

H20 "Remix" Exhibition

H20 is an up-and-coming design is mainly active in the San
Francisco area, where they are creating dresses, installations,
and working as art directors for magazines etc. This exhibition
focuses on H20's large-sized graphical posters as part of their
latest visual interpretation project "Remix." Besides this there
are printed T-shirts for sale. This event is, by the way, a
traveling exhibition that is produced by the "Shift" online
magazine, and that kicked off in Shift's own "Soso Cafe." Such a
stylish combination of rich web contents, cafe operation and event
production is a thing we at RT should really be working on!
--Murata Yuko

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?6,259

(3) Presents

Tower Records' free paper "Musee" gives away "Intoxicate" 2003
calendars for 10, and a T-shirt for one lucky person. Both were
produced in collaboration with Miles Davis photographer and video
artist Naito Tadayuki.

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Out of Tokyo

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO