admin

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Mon Apr 8 20:39:08 CEST 2002

Hi all,

It looks that the mails were coming from dijo at jodi org,
though the jodis did not assume so far the
"Images || Elaine Morgan's Aquatic Ape.." identity.
Neither they did deny it. I can't explain how it is possible
that 206 messeges went through despite "Images..." is not
subscribed to the list.

I look through
Steven Goss's "Guide to Art Vandalism Tools.
Their History and Their Use. An Illustrated Encyclopedia".

Comparing the destruction art of old and new times,
jodi's action seems either tired, or almost pleasant,
kind of courtesy performance. It is not a disaster.
Most of the destruction artist acted against institutions
(market, avant-garde movements), nowadays spammers
test our revulsion only.
I compile a short chronology of destruction art of the last century,
so that you can compare yourself spam art to destruction art.

I apologise in front of those who can download
2 messages/ minute. The others can delete them if they wish.
Good news is that the list syndicate did not crash, the archive works,
so that anybody can look up what they are about. Maybe the best
would be if such messages would go to the archives
[webpage] and not necessarily to the individual mailboxes.
I think Frederic read them all, maybe he will give us a summary.
It seems that we go back to "low animal density" period,
back to our gatherings.

greetings,

Anna