___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 46___

Tetsuya OZAKI ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Sep 28 16:37:30 CEST 2001

   R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____28_09_2001_Fri_vol.46___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks:
Memento

(2) Out of Tokyo vol. 21

(3) Present of the Week:
REALOSAKA Opening Memorial Goods

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 43 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries in our 'books/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

Revitalize Your Rusty Brain
Memento

recommended by magazine editor and film writer, Oh! Shomei

Based on a short story by his younger brother, 31-year old director
Christopher Nolan wrote a script that starts with the conclusion,
and gradually goes back in time. Imagine reading a book of five
chapters, beginning with chapter five, then four, three, and so on.
In this case this was an extremely effective idea, since the viewers (who
doesn't know the past) can experience the same approach to
reality as the protagonist (who forgot the past). Just as Leonard himself,
the viewers have to look at polaroids and tattoos in order
to infer and follow the story they're puzzling together in their
headsノ

Read more at
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0050-oh.htm

(2) Out of Tokyo vol. 21

RT/RO Editor-in-Chief, Ozaki Tetsuya spoke with Higashiizumi
Ichiro on his involvement in "Neut." Magazine.

A Dialogue with Designer Higashiizumi Ichiro (part 1)

- You're involved in "Neut." in form of taking part in discussion meetings
next to Tei Towa, Hiro Sugiyama, and editor Sato.
- Did there exist a certain incongruity from the beginning?

"Rather than calling it incongruity, I had strong feelings of
doubt and hesitation. They held a sword above my head, telling me
that the main goal was to defeat the current situation of design.
I wasn't sure how to bring this into shape, and I didn't know how
to answer to their demands. I think that the only way for a designer
to make an effective step towards something new is to create new
things, and demonstrate new methods in real projects. Different
people have different ways, and this is not something you can
achieve by just talking or making magazinesノ

Read more at
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki21.htm

(3) Presents

To celebrate the launch of our twin site, REALOSAKA, we made some REALOSAKA
Opening Memorial Goods, containing a "Taiyo no To" badge,
very special stickers, and three different postcards.
Next to 30 sets of our sensational REALTOKYO stickers (ten per
set) these will be given to just everybody!
(And the best is: you can put RT stickers and RO stickers together,
like a jigsaw puzzle!)

To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- "Tokyo, 4 Weeks"
Ikeda Ryoji concert, recommended by Kubota Akihiro

- "Tokyo Culture Diary" Vol. 15
by COMPOSITE Editor Sugatsuke Masanobu

and moreノ

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

---PR------------------------------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_ja.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.  Copyright 2001 REALTOKYO