a callout

cary peppermint mint77 at restlessculture.net
Mon Sep 17 18:21:02 CEST 2001

This is a link to a project that I WAS working on with assistance of Alan
Sondheim and another PREVIOUS to the events of last Tuesday.  It was to be a
network gesture/an American apology of sorts.  The context for this project
has understandably changed and now I think it is important to utilize the
structure for this (which has already been designed and implemented) in
issuing forth another message... A letter that "questions patriotism, and
fights anti-Arabism and calls to jingoism - and does this openly."  A letter
that calls for cooler heads and peaceful resolutions.  Something that
denounces the use of American arrogance and obstinate force.

This is a call for help.  I am open to all suggestions and need people to
help organize a list of important global email addresses for this gesture to
work.  Additionally, I am working on several design templates that will open
up the front end of restlessculture.net as a sort of clearing house for
information that serves that which I have so clumsily and hastily stated
above.  Any volunteers to help organize and post and that information please
let me know.  Anyone with CGI experience would be helpful at this time as
well.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS LINK IS NOT FUNCTIONAL AND WAS NEVER "OFFICIALLY"
RELEASED.  I POINT YOU TOWARD THIS LINK AS A POINT OF DEPARTURE FOR OUR
COLLECTIVE EFFORTS IN THIS TIME OF CRISIS.  PLEASE DO NOT CIRCULATE IT AS
YET EXCEPT AS A "MOCK-UP" OR ROUGH DRAFT TEMPLATE TOWARD A REVISED, UPDATED
AND MORE TIMELY GESTURE.  http://www.restlessculture.net/apology

Yours,
Cary