[Syndicate] RE: please

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Fri Sep 14 02:58:03 CEST 2001

Hi Anna,

so we can talk.
Communication is important. I do not understand so many things.

At 23:48 13.09.01 +0200, you wrote:
>And so many individuals were in
>the buildings, I hope they will be all named.

Is this a concept for a memorial ?
We have some of them in this country where I live. They are probably
important as statement. The problem with them is, that they produce so much
relief, that it stops at this point. I think it would be a good idea to
change the teaching plans in the schools. That would maybe change
something. Actually nobody is asking for that. It seems that everyone is
very happy with these superficial statements.
I am just very sceptical with these things. I have hardly ever seen, that
this was followed by any actions, that could maybe lead to a better
understanding. Somehow commercials for the non existent.

>It is virtually impossible
>that such an event would not pass the threshold of individual response.
>I don't try to negate the sufferance of people in Belgrade, neither to
>establish a hierarchy of pain, I know from my experience that during such a
>tragedy all voices of solidarity are valuable and important.

yes, people are very different.
I always wanted to keep my sorrow for myself, because I felt it so
individual that I would not have liked it to be set into relation of
something public.
I feel, that what can be seen on TV is so superficial and sensational, that
it somehow ruins the individuality of the persons been killed. I can
imagine how hard it must be. Everyone who has ever lost a friend or family
can imagine it. I do not have to see this. And I suspect that actually the
reason why it is shown must be something very different than an interest in
individuals.

>greetings,
>Anna

greetings