please

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Thu Sep 13 23:48:12 CEST 2001

I was watching several Hungarian TV channels, they all took over the
transmission of the CNN and BBC. BBC's policy is to give as few attention to
terrorists as possible. They are aware of that terrorism is strongly
connected to media, and they don't agree that 50 people grab the attention
of the whole world, and also do not engage in the process of pointing to
scapegoats. But Tuesday evening CET the same images were circulating
everywhere. The images of the celebrating Palestinians came from the CNN.
There were many non American victims in the WTC as well, hundreds of
British, French people, it is an international tragedy, I know that the
pilot of the plane which everybody saw flying in the building was originally
from Miercurea Ciuc - Csikszereda, Romania. And so many individuals were in
the buildings, I hope they will be all named. It is virtually impossible
that such an event would not pass the threshold of individual response.
I don't try to negate the sufferance of people in Belgrade, neither to
establish a hierarchy of pain, I know from my experience that during such a
tragedy all voices of solidarity are valuable and important.
greetings,
Anna

At 11:36 12.09.01 +0200, you wrote:
>>  The most
>>shocking images I have seen were those about the celebrating crowds in
>>Muslim cities.

which channel did you watch ? why did they show it ? how do they make
selection ?

'I want to assure myself of the suspect, that nations, how we know them,
possibly are nothing else than effects of embracing psycho-acoustic
stagings, through which only it is possible that actually grows together,
what hears together, what reads together, what watches TV together, what
informs together and excites.' Peter Sloterdijk
(just translated the back of that book)

Sloterdijk, Peter: Der starke Grund zusammen zu sein.
Erinnerungen an die Erfindung des Volkes.

Ich möchte mich des Verdachts vergewissern, daß Nationen, wie wir sie
kennen, möglicherweise nichts anderes seien als Effekte von umfassenden
psycho-akustischen Inszenierungen, durch die allein tatsächlich
zusammenwachsen kann, was sich zusammenhört, was sich zusammen liest, was
sich zusammen fernsieht, was sich zusammen informiert und aufregt.

greetings
Claudia