Filliou

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Tue Sep 11 20:19:23 CEST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Monika Szewczyk [mailto:monikasz at interchange.ubc.ca]
Sent: 2001. szeptember 11. 18:40
To: epistolaris at freemail.hu
Subject: Filliou

>Dear Anna,
>Glad to hear you've met Sharla. If you're ever in Vancouver drop by the
Morris
>and Helen Belkin Art Gallery (where I'm currently working) at the
University of
>British Columbia. There's lots of archival material and the tapes I spoke
of +
>it would be good to meet you.  You may have mentioned this previously on
>syndicate, but I wonder if you've set up or will set up a website of your
>findings about Filliou? If so please let me know. Best of luck in your
work,
>Monika

Dear Monika,
fantastic! I know also the catalogue 'Filliou, Robert: From Political to
Poetical Economy, Morris and Helen Belkin Art Gallery - University of
British Columbia, Toronto, 1996'. Filliou's video work i know less, I saw
only his video performance with Istvan Kantor and Robert Filliou performing
with Richard Martel and Istvan Kantor and others in Quebec. Besides that I
know the tape 'Hommage à Filliou (1988) (40'),Memorial Festival at
Foundation Danae, Pouilly, France with Geoffrey Hendricks, Henry Chopin,
Ester Ferrer, Charles Dreyfus, Michel Giroud, Bernard Heidsieck, Emmett
Williams, Francesco Conz, Joël Hubauternard Heidsieck, Emmett Williams,
Francesco Conz and Joël Hubaut, Trekanten Video Formidling , Denmark
camera & editing: Svend Thomsen.

The bibliography of the Filliou sources and monographies in Budapest, at
Artpool Art Research Center is at
http://www.artpool.hu/Fluxus/Filliou/Filliou_biblio.html.
The interview with Filliou from 1976 published in Laszlo Beke - Anna Balint
(eds): Poipoi, Artpool - Kunsthalle, Budapest, 1998 is online at
http://www.artpool.hu/Fluxus/Filliou/Poipoi2f.html
The documents related to the reconstruction of Robert Filliou's and Joachim
Pfeufer's Poïpoïdrome à Espace-Temps Réel No.1, 1976, Budapest, Club of
Young Artists is at
http://www.artpool.hu/Fluxus/Filliou/Poiproject2.html
http://www.artpool.hu/Fluxus/Filliou/default.html
In the space of the reconstructed Poipoi (1998) Jean-Jacques Lebel presented
his performance 'Hommage a Robert Filliou' and Istvan Kantor Monty Cantsin?
Amen! presented a 'Filliou Séance', getting in direct contact with the
spirit of Robert Filliou in the space of the Économie Poétique,
commemorating how Istvan Kantor got easier through the borders (Territoire
de la République Géniale) with his neoist passport signed by Filliou, and
how they did nothing (Création Permanente) in New York.

It would be great if you could send a copy of the video disc to Budapest and
make it available for research. And I agree that it would be very important
to collect the heritage of Robert Filliou and publish them on a web-site,
but I guess it has a copyright. Maybe Raul Marroquin, the people from Le
Lieu, the Western Front would be also interested to work on such a site.

greetings,
Anna