RHIZOME_RAW: READ WELL...

Nmherman at aol.com Nmherman at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 00:45:37 CEST 2001

In a message dated 9/16/2001 4:45:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
askrom at graphpaper.com writes:

>  speech where the USA claims the moral high ground for our very real
>  traditions of tolerance and diversity.
>
>    Clinton would have done it.
>
>  -Cf

Yes, I can't imagine a worse time to have such a limited President, with such
a reverse mandate.  Even the pundits on CNN look as if the situation is
hopeless; they've been acting for so long as if nothing is wrong, and all
dissent is just vapid teenage angst.

I'm sifting through my own resources, and I'm reminded of thinking that the
2000 election actually resulted in no president and that the rest of us would
have to pick up the slack.  This thought makes me feel fairly sick though,
considering how deeply my own generation of US citizens, aged say 30 plus or
minus 7, has sunk into incompetence and inaction.  Except for Thomas Frank I
feel like we may not be up to our responsibilites in protecting everything
from the juggernauts of the current US system, put in place mostly by WWII
politicos and burnt-out boomers.  Of course we have to try, but like they say
"where are the strong, and who am I to trust in?"

Max Herman

++