[Syndicate] a letter

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Sun Oct 28 19:28:35 CET 2001

Hi Domiziana,

thank you for your reply. I would like ( somehow I feel repeating myself )
many more people to tell.
So...
and I would also like, if you have the time, that you answer this mailing.

>I really don't know what happend to the list.

well I do not know exactly, but as I remember I subscribed you after we
moved this list...
so you missed all this moving excitement... a lot of what can be watched on
the list might be still some remainder of this. I hope the list will get
into some kind of 'stable' state. It takes time to think what can be done.

>I think the 11th of September changed everybody's attitude bringing
>emotional disorientation.

well, yes in a way. I guess there is a lot of fear. I can understand this,
but I would not call it disorientation.

>I have strong ideas about the political issue which is the contrary to
>the  idea followed by the left wing which I belong.
>
>Seems to me people have not studied enough to understand the matter, or
>follows in a very superficial way the idea to be against USA.

I would like to know, if you think this was expressed on the list. superficial.
because I do not think this was the case.

>I will not discuss here my reason because it would take too long, but I
>strongly suggest to the ones that oppose USA to make a tour in in Islamic
>areas of the world and try to live there, and in the same time to study
>the economical reason why this war is happening.

yes, this is what I would ask for, trying to understand. It is a long way
unfortunately and it will probably take too long, that this could be a way
to stop this war.
no one said this is paradise. but not being paradise is not a reason to
bomb on it.
the Taliban is not the people. there are women organisations, who try to
fight for their rights for years.

>Check the question of the alternative combustibile set in Kazanistan (or
>whatever is spelled), and wonder why the Arabs don't want the pipes go
>though Afganistan so to get to the gulf to be exported.
>Maybe it would be easier to understand why the Arabs sent a Millionaire
>frem Yemen to organize in Afganistan a fake "holy war" against the
>Occidental war.
>
>How superficial to think there is a "holy war between two religion!!

yes this would be very superficial

>How superficial and petty to read nn,

I do not think, that reading can be superficial, unless you assume that it
is not followed by thinking.
Each one's own thinking. I am not talking about just spiritualize the
written word.

>which I respect as a rebellious spirit, when goes against the USA after
>the terrible attack of the 11th of September.

yes, a terrible attack. I cannot remember, that anyone said something else.
But there is a difference in thinking, that something is terrible and
supporting a war against a country. The means are wrong in my opinion. It
will lead to even more terrorism. This bombing leads also to a larger
support for the terrorists in the bombed country. It will become more and
more difficult, to do something against this terrorism, I think.

>How fake the attitude of the Italians when justify the attack or keep
>hiding behind the spread lack of information of what is happening.
>
>Those attacks against USA sounds juvenile to me.
>Everybody is for the peace and not for the war but please read the Coran
>first.
>It is a religion of conquest as much as has been the Catholics until
>they've stopped.

yes, I would suggest to read the Bible and the Coran parallel.
( and I think it is a pity, that I am not capable of reading them in the
original language, because all translation already means interpretation. so
there are protestant and catholic Bibles. )

The simplification of Nietzsche' s writing was basis for Nazi's ideology in
WWII.

Prohibition of different interpretations and the declaration of one ' valid
' has to do something with the churches.

>I would never live under the Islamic religion. It is worst than the
>catholic Church.

I would like to live without any Church. There is a big difference between
religion and a church institution.

>Maybe I am more sentimental because I am a women, but I don't really think
>a man living under the theocratic State as in the arabian States would be
>happy either.

well, to me all this is not reason for bombing a country. ( irony: you had
more chances to hit responsibles, when you decided to bomb the Vatican. I
do not suggest this either. )

>Enough for now.
>
>And about the list...   it is not necessary to talk/write when there's
>nothing much to say.

well, I think sometimes
performance is important.
sometimes an obvious performance on nothing
reveals the nothingness of a precedent event.
Sometimes it is just fun for those doing it. This could be.
Sometimes it could be, that it is not possible for everyone to understand
what it is about.
Sometimes in these cases I ask, what it is about.

There is not so much of it on the list, I think, when you compare it to
what you can perceive each day when you go outside and listen. To me this
is much more boring and makes me much more angry.
On the list I just jump over it, when I think there is something, which is
not of interest to me.

Anyway as I said in the beginning, we are still working and thinking what
this list was and what it could become, and each suggestion is very
welcome. It takes time. We all have some other things to do also.

>best, dg

best Claudia