read_me festival 1.2

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Sat Oct 20 15:33:45 CEST 2001

read_me festival 1.2
online: october 2001 - january 2002
offline: april 2002, Moscow

CONCEPT:
International festival read_me 1.2 is dedicated to the artistic
comprehension of software: adjusting, creating and deconstructing software.
The impact on the ordinary perception of a program and on what is commonly
understood as media space, the demonstration of profound properties and
qualities of programming, the open source ideology support, alternative
methods of work and self expression of an artist, - continuing the list of
software art ideas is up to you!

PROGRAM:
Since the beginning of read_me 1.2 entries submission all projects will be
available online on the festival site. You will be able to download
programs and vote for the ones you like most. The special Audience Choice
prize will be given on the results of vote totals.
Authors of the best works, in the opinion of international jury, will be
invited to Moscow, where they will present their works to public. Jury will
take active part in the festival. During the festival there will be
exhibitions and presentations of works by their authors, lectures of
invited artists and theorists, concerts and parties. The Awards ceremony
will be held on the last day of the festival.

IMPORTANT DATES:
call for entries: October 2001 - January 2002
deadline: January 31, 2002
preliminary judging: February 2002
festival: April 2002, Moscow.

ORGANIZERS:
"ROSIZO" - State Center for Museums and Exhibitions, Moscow;
"Macros-center", Moscow.

CURATORS:
Sergey Teterin and Olga Gorunova

more info at: