immedia 2002 -- the senses -- digital and electronic art submissions

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Mon Oct 1 21:00:23 CEST 2001

from: isea-forum at uqam.ca

immedia 2002 .
the senses .
digital and electronic art exhibition .
submissions now being accepted .
deadline december 15 .

http://entity.ummu.umich.edu/immedia/

seventh annual exhibition
february 8-17
opening february 8
ann arbor, mi
.

submissions .
entity, ann arbor michigan's electronic artist coalition invites you to
submit works to immedia 2002, our annual exhibition of digital and
electronic art. initiated in 1996, immedia has involved hundreds of
artists and performers and has become an international event. works
created with or in response to digital and electronic media are welcomed.
these may include, but are not limited to, installation, music,
performance, dance, video and animation, interactive graphics, flat work,
and web design. small grants are available.
entity is also seeking groups or individuals interested in performing
at the event, giving short lectures, presentations, or holding workshops
on digital arts related mediums. if you interested, please indicate this
on the submission form. read further for more information.
visit http://entity.ummu.umich.edu/immedia/
or email immedia at entity.ummu.umich.edu

immedia mission.

the immedia electronic art exhibition has developed from a community of
artists and thinkers interested in the artistic possibilities of new
technologies. the immedia community exhibits the best of such art,
eschewing reckless application of powerful technology in favor of
electronic art which seeks deeper understandings of technology's
relationship with art and life in contemporary society.
as with any art, electronic art must explain our world to us in new ways,
helping us understand and relate to our environment. the immedia community
believes that the sweeping changes already wrought by television and those
still to be realized by computers and digital devices necessitate a new
art. this new art, reacting with and against new technologies has a deep
responsibility towards guiding humankind's future interactions with its
new electronic environment. technology must be used in creative,
intelligent ways to ensure an expressive future. the immedia exhibition
hinges on the belief that it is the electronic artist's responsibility to
realize the full creative potential of digital and analog devices.

immedia theme                          the senses
our technological environment has extended our senses and nerves to
a global scale. eminent developments offer new sensory experiences
impossible without technology. this reality defines our existences.
recognizing this, entity has elected the senses as the theme for
immedia 2002 as a celebration of the expressive potential of these
extensions.

Michael Rodemer
Assistant Professor
School of Art and Design