[syndicate] !n betu!!!n

Frederic Madre fmadre at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 15 11:51:55 CET 2001

illustration http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/images/modeng/public/C/CarSnar3.jpg

>------------=_1005809969-682-483

>>>bitterness of others.
>>
>>Dear Frederic,
>
>borders are instantiated to keep `others` out
>whilst defining self.

If -- and the thing is wildly possible -- the charge of writing nonsense were ever brought against the author of this brief but instructive poem, it would be based, I feel convinced, on the line (in p.4)

>mais ...

"Then the bowsprit got mixed with the rudder sometimes."

>this is the reason inke arns + andreas broeckmann evakuated.

In view of this painful possibility, I will not (as I might) appeal indignantly to my other writings as a proof that I am incapable of such a deed: I will not (as I might) point to the strong moral purpose of this poem itself, to the arithmetical principles so cautiously inculcated in it, or to its noble teachings in

>nn - on the edge of a cliff. whom do i have in mind +?

Natural History -- I will take the more prosaic course of simply explaining how it happened.

           "Other maps are such shapes, with their islands and capes!
                         But we've got our brave Captain to thank:"
         So the crew would protest) "that he's bought us the best --
               A perfect and absolute blank!"

>How to get there : From Châtelet, you can catch the RER - LINE A3 (DIRECTION
>CERGY-LE HAUT) or LINE A5 (DIRECTION POISSY).

-57-

This was charming, no doubt; but they shortly found out
That the Captain they trusted so well
Had only one notion for crossing the ocean,
And that was to tingle his bell.

He was thoughtful and grave -- but the orders he gave
Were enough to bewilder a crew.
When he cried "Steer to starboard, but keep her head larboard!"
What on earth was the helmsman to do?

> In Sartrouville, a mini-bus will drive you to the theatre

                          Then the bowsprit got mixed with the rudder sometimes:
                          A thing, as the Bellman remarked,
                          That frequently happens in tropical climes,
                          When a vessel is, so to speak, "snarked."

>Reservation :

f.