___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 52___

Tetsuya OZAKI ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Nov 9 17:21:46 CET 2001

   R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____09_11_2001_Fri_vol.52___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks:
Subway Line 1

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book
Volume 017

(3) Out of Tokyo
Volume 024

(4) Presents of the Week:
'Grasshoppa!' screening, and more

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 35 events
including 10 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

Discover Seoul by Subway
Subway Line 1

recommended by Crazy Ken Band leader, DJ, writer, and Korea fan,
Yokoyama Ken

Although Seoul is geographically the closest foreign metropolis to
Tokyo, it's such a strange place that you think you're not only in
a foreign country, but on another planet, even in another dimension!
Among all the places around the world I've seen, Seoul is the only
one that makes me, a man of 41 years, as curious and vigorous as a
little school boy. During my stay in Seoul I was permanently feeling
as if I was in a dream, and everything that was picked up by my eyes
reached my heart with a little time lag. This time lag represents
all those inexplicable things that make up my own image of Seoul,
and that are causing this kind of chemical reaction in my brain,
even though there's actually not a second of time difference between
Tokyo and Seoul. This is the perfect legal drug. The mysterious
Seoul nights might even have to do with the fact that I'm not at
all interested in drugs...

Read more at

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0056-yokoyama.htm

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book Vol. 017

The 17th visitor caught during his Tokyo stay in September is
French SONORE label owner Franck Stofer.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(3) Out of Tokyo

Terror's Shadows

In volume 024 Ozaki Tetsuya discusses the consequences the recent
terror strikes can have on art exhibitions.

I went to see the "Credit Game" exhibition at Hatsudai's ICC (NTT
InterCommunication Center, running until 12/24). Put together by
guest curator Masuyama Hiroshi, this one is different from all
exhibitions previously held at ICC, and it's really good and easy
to understand. The theme is 'money.' Quoting Masuyama's explanation,
the "Credit Game" exhibit is an “attempt to examine, from an
artistic perspective, value that is easily convertible to money,
and value that is not." He further pronounces that "what we can
afford least nowadays is 'not to know.' Isn't it true that we know
almost nothing about money?"

Read more at

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki24.htm

(4) Presents

New in the Present corner this week are invitations to a preview
screening of "Grasshoppa!" This new DVD-magazine will be launched
In late November. Applications for the CD + sticker package of
Rei Harakami's remix version of "Red Curb" are still accepted.

To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo, 4 Weeks
Tokyo FILMeX

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

---PR------------------------------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_ja.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.