views on Afghanistan

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Wed Dec 12 20:03:54 CET 2001

Hi you all,

three different 'outside' views on Afghanistan. Thought them interesting to
read.

The third one actually does not provide so much text, more images.
There are some more 'photo-essays' in this magazine. I am a bit suspicious
regarding the role of the camera in the situation the photograph was taken.
Not so sure if these essays really primarily provide information or
something else.
Well, you can judge yourself.

greetings
have a nice evening
claudia

Dr. Barbara Trott was sent by chance to Afghanistan in October 1997 and
worked in Kabul until December 1997. She shares with us an except of her
personal diary on her travel from Paris to Kabul and her stay in Afghanistan.
http://www.afghanmagazine.com/2001/travelogue/americandrjournal/index.html

DECEMBER 3, 2001, VOL.158 NO.22
Thanksgiving with the Taliban
In which our reporter has raisins, sweet bread and discussions about the
afterlife
http://www.time.com/time/asia/news/magazine/0,9754,185731,00.html

Kabul Unveiled
Photographs for TIME